Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Whistling sound from V-Belt

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 2008 (2020-)
12.06.2022 17:32 # 1
Onryldz
Good day to everyone. I own a 2021 model 2008 GT. There is a whistling sound coming from my car, which I noticed for the first time 2 days ago. I think it comes from the V-belt, but when I pour water, the sound does not stop, when I touch the gas lightly, the sound stops. Or when I turn on the air conditioner, the sound is almost cut off. When I stop the vehicle, at the last moment, a louder belt rubbing-like sound comes and the sound disappears. The first time it works, it starts at a high tone and gradually decreases. When I first get in the car in the morning, there is no sound, it appears after driving for a while. If you have any guesses about the problem, I would be very happy if I could find out before taking it to the service. Thanks in advance.
13.06.2022 15:04 # 2
sonerkyl
There may be a problem with the tensioner bearing, take it to the service as soon as possible.
13.06.2022 17:24 # 3
Onryldz
First of all, thank you for your answer. I am in service now. There is a deformation in the circulation belt of the vehicle. They said the sound is coming from there. We changed the belt and the sound did not stop. This time they said it could be the fuel pump. And that part will change another day. I hope that part is the problem. Doesn't bother any more
14.06.2022 19:41 # 4
x571
it's either this or that apple's daughter. Woe to us if parts started to change with o'piti piti even in service.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”