Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Which is the right one?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 20:41 # 1
samet2461
I searched friends on the internet, but I could not find a healthy answer. My vehicle is 1.6 hdi 110 hp model euro4.

It makes more sense to put 5W40 in this vehicle regardless of brand or 5W30. You know that there is a fluid difference between 40 and 30 when the engine is hot. If there is a catalog in hand, I would be happy for what the factory suggests, whichever is true. Thanks
08.05.2020 20:41 # 2
RP393
How many models is the vehicle, what is km

If the vehicle is new or less than 100 thousand km, I would put 5w30 in winter and I would switch to 5w40 in summer. Since the temperature is favorable in the summer, there will be no difference anyway.

If km is high, it may burn more or less oil in the summer of 5w30 as there are abrasions in the cylinder circlips even in microns level over time. From gaskets etc. may miss fat. As the oil pressure drops, lubrication efficiency decreases.

Let me add to this, it was written very much, castrol, elf, I do not know what everyone is right, but if we look at the event scientifically, the best oil brands

Motul, mobile, gulf. I think the others are mass production market goods. Even the bins of oil such as cheap shell and maxima of 15-20 pounds are different from each other.
RP393 2017-12-22 21:31:19
08.05.2020 20:41 # 3
samet2461
[QUOTE = RP393] How many models is the vehicle, what is the km

If the vehicle is new or less than 100 thousand km, I would put 5w30 in winter and I would switch to 5w40 in summer. Since the temperature is favorable in the summer, there will be no difference anyway.

If km is high, it may burn more or less oil in the summer of 5w30 as there are abrasions in the cylinder circlips even in microns level over time. From gaskets etc. may miss fat. As the oil pressure drops, lubrication efficiency decreases.

Let me add to this, it was written very much, castrol, elf, I do not know what everyone is right, but if we look at the event scientifically, the best oil brands

Motul, mobile, gulf. I think the others are mass production market goods. Even the bins of oil such as cheap shell and maxima of 15-20 pounds are different from each other.
[/ QUOTE]

There is no burning in my car, but 5w30 seems to be working louder. I'm definitely not in price. I want to use Engine flush, clean the interior of the vehicle thoroughly, and then do a good maintenance myself and use it comfortably. Thanks to the masters, I can't trust they all steal from the wire
08.05.2020 20:42 # 4
RP393
If the oil comes thin, the gap between the parts will increase and the sound will increase. Like a loose valve. Masters are not craftsmen as before. All of them have become marketers now. Whatever they have, no one is the sponsor.
08.05.2020 20:42 # 5
samet2461
[QUOTE = RP393] If the oil comes thin, the gap between the parts will increase and the sound will increase. Like a loose valve. Masters are not craftsmen as before. All of them have become marketers now. Whatever they have, no one is the sponsor. [/ QUOTE]

How to make Liqui molly brand
08.05.2020 20:42 # 6
RP393
[QUOTE = samet2461] [QUOTE = RP393] If the oil gets thin, the volume will increase in the sound as the gap between parts will increase. Like a loose valve. Masters are not craftsmen as before. All of them have become marketers now. Whatever they have, no one is the sponsor. [/ QUOTE]

How to make Liqui molly brand [/ QUOTE]

Maybe it is as good as the oils I mentioned, but it may be hard to find because it is not known in our country. Or it may be difficult to find a new date. Gulf is the same. I am using motul, I'm glad it gets hot late, it cools quickly. I saw this from the oil temperature gauge in my car. You can choose mobile or motul.
08.05.2020 20:42 # 7
monalos
They put a total of 5w30 oil at 180k in 206 gasoline and the car's voice stopped. It was 6 thousand still there is no reduction.
08.05.2020 20:42 # 8
samet2461
[QUOTE = RP393] [QUOTE = samet2461] [QUOTE = RP393] If the oil is thin, the volume will increase in the sound as the gap between parts will increase. Like a loose valve. Masters are not craftsmen as before. All of them have become marketers now. Whatever they have, no one is the sponsor. [/ QUOTE]

How to make Liqui molly brand [/ QUOTE]

Maybe it is as good as the oils I mentioned, but it may be hard to find because it is not known in our country. Or it may be difficult to find a new date. Gulf is the same. I am using motul, I'm glad it gets hot late, it cools quickly. I saw this from the oil temperature gauge in my car. You can choose mobile or motul. [/ QUOTE]

Total quartz 9000 5W40 or
Castrol edge 5W40
then it seems to be an ideal choice
08.05.2020 20:42 # 9
ggitaristt
I believe that 5w30 will be more durable and long lasting than 5w40.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”