Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

When the 206 brakes, the flasher (quad) lights up immediately

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
03.10.2020 19:28 # 1
P3U630T
Hello. When you brake a little, the flashers light up immediately. It is written in the user manual that it is a feature that burns in sudden braking, it is a nice feature that is reflected in the sudden braking. I think something has increased the sensitivity, it immediately burns on a light brake. Sometimes he does it back to back, sometimes he doesn't, but on average, quads start working on one of the two or three brakes. Driving crazy in the city. I constantly have to close the fours with my hand. In addition, in the user manual, it is written as "flashers that turn on with sudden braking turn off automatically with acceleration" but do not turn off, it does not turn off without closing it with my hand. What is written in the manual: *** Automatic lighting of flashers: In case of a sudden braking, depending on the severity of the deceleration, the flashers turn on automatically. They turn off automatically during the first acceleration. You can extinguish it by pressing the button. *** What is the reason, what is the solution? I would be glad if those who know or live enlighten.
03.10.2020 22:46 # 2
talip206
Check the brake switch. It is above the brake pedal. If necessary, remove the socket and experiment. Of course, in this case, pay attention that the brake lights do not light.
04.10.2020 12:38 # 3
P3U630T
First of all, my vehicle is 206 1.4 XLine 2003 model.I applied exactly. The situation is the same when I remove the brake light. I tried it with the sender plugged in and removed, I ran a few tests, let me write down my observations. * When the sender was dislodged but connected; - I reached out to the connected sender, I took it in my hand. I left it, there was no effect. - The quads burned when the "real" sudden braking * While the sender was completely disconnected; When I quit the gas, the quartets started burning. This situation repeated frequently, though not every time. If there is more sensor, it may be a problem. P3U630T2020-10-04 13:24:20
04.10.2020 19:56 # 4
talip206
Yes, there is a sensor for the gas, it is called potentiometer and it is on the throttle. If only it is defective, I think it will give other errors. Afterwards, there is no alarm or central lock, right? If you want, connect it to the original device and check the settings.
04.10.2020 22:11 # 5
P3U630T
[QUOTE = talip206] Yes, there is a sensor for the gas, it is called potentiometer and it is on the throttle valve. If only it is defective, I think it will give other errors. Afterwards, there is no alarm or central lock, right? If you want, connect it to the original device and check the settings. [/ QUOTE] I don't know if the end point of the throttle wire is connected to the potentiometer, but I don't want to deal with that part too much because the vehicle is automatic. It is getting too much data from the throttle wire. Another possibility is that if the accelerometer is inside the vehicle, it could be an error. I connected it to the computer, there was no error. No longer I think to disable the quads somehow The problem is small but very boring
05.10.2020 01:16 # 6
bykeskinofk
Have the ABS checked. As far as I remember, that system works in connection with the abs. If there is no problem with the abs, see if you can connect it to the computer and turn it off. This is the easiest solution.
05.10.2020 23:31 # 7
Brcbyrktr
Yaw, what nice features your cars have .. When I read these, I realize that I have a car with zero features .. I swear right now, of course, it has the feature of constantly breaking in various parts.
06.10.2020 00:51 # 8
P3U630T
Unfortunately my 206 is the non-ABS version. It was not possible to turn it off from the system. There was no feature like on-off, it was necessary to change the software completely. The Peugeot official who said this did not seem to me to be very knowledgeable. If this forum is not resolved, I will ask the services in Izmir or in Ankara if I get on my way.
06.10.2020 15:28 # 9
KILIC
My advice is to change the brake sensor first. It is not a very expensive item, it should be around 50 TL anyway. Also, when these quads are lit, I wonder if there is any change in the gear position indicator.
06.10.2020 22:58 # 10
P3U630T
I intend to change the track soon. There is no change in the gear position indicator. If it were, I would definitely notice, my eye is constantly on indicator warnings. I'll get back on the road tomorrow and let me check again. Why did you think about the indicator warnings?
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”