Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

WHEEL COVER PAINTING

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODIFIED PLATFORM » Modification and Tuning Information
08.05.2020 19:41 # 1
OguzhanKucuk61

I bought a black spray paint in terms of both refresher and modification when the wheel covers, which I previously painted without lining with chrome effect spray paint, got a bad look. This time I used a different paint. It was written that there was no need for primer or sandpaper. A spray made for plastic parts. After beautifully cleaning and drying the wheel covers, I applied 3 layers of paint in increasing thickness. It gave a matte beautiful color. It closed pretty well. Of course, we have to look at what will be the situation in the coming Times. I attach pictures. oguzhankucuk61 2016-02-28 23:55:30
08.05.2020 19:41 # 2
OguzhanKucuk61
As you can see in the photos, I left the plastic wheel bolts in their old color. In silver. But one of the wheel bolts of a wheel cover is missing from the plug-in type. If I think it has 6 nails. If there is a friend in hand, I can buy it.
08.05.2020 19:41 # 3
samet206
These paints are good and it closes beautifully without wave. I used it for the front, back side generations, it is not even certain that it is painted. When it comes to the covers, I think good workmanship is good, but I think the original color is heavier on the vehicle as it is black. ..
08.05.2020 19:41 # 4
OguzhanKucuk61
Surely it is. But I wanted to try. I don't like the shape of my existing lids anyway. I look at the internet, I got a good number of them. I'll probably buy and renew. There was rim paint in the store I bought. He said he gave the same color to the sales person, but only because of enthusiasm, curiosity :)). So the main point I want to focus on is the quality and structure of the paint. It was so nice to work comfortably without dealing with the punctures such as plastic hinged lining and sandpaper. When I find the right mirror cap, I will take the same paint white and make the caps body color. But I think it will be necessary to have a varnish as it is matte.
08.05.2020 19:41 # 5
samet206
Hodja, you can only paint the mirror cover by preparing the paint according to the paint code of the vehicle. However, sandpaper, plastic liner is a must in the varnish according to the paint structure. But if you say I should not try because the vehicle is white, the color is made as much as separating. The containers can be comfortably stretched in a warm weather without a heat support.
08.05.2020 19:41 # 6
OguzhanKucuk61
I think there will be no tonal difference, but the coating work is also logical. Tiny two-piece bevel Curl is not much. If I buy a bright white foil, I will solve it.
08.05.2020 19:41 # 7
samet206
Half a meter of foil is too much income for this job. It will be cheap and it will do. I coated it in bright black.
08.05.2020 19:41 # 8
koray.turan
[QUOTE = samet206] Half a meter of foil will increase too much for this work. It will be cheap and it will do. I coated it in glossy black. It looks like a paint, if it is coated beautifully, my purpose was to cover the mirrors completely bright black. I advise.
[/ QUOTE]

There are chrome on my covers, black silicones are glued. I put carbon on it, but it is going to be healthy if it is thrown from the side properly, samet brother
08.05.2020 19:41 # 9
samet206
First of all, I bought 3M glossy black foil from the signer, about 1 meter, as I said, my aim was to cover all the mirrors first, but when I couldn't do it, I did it in this way. I covered this share inward, while doing this, I have to pay attention to the nails, I cut the sensitive nail places with scissors.
08.05.2020 19:41 # 10
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = samet206] Half a meter of foil will increase too much for this work. It will be cheap and it will do. I coated it in glossy black. It looks like a paint, if it is coated beautifully, my purpose was to cover the mirrors completely bright black. I advise.
[/ QUOTE]
Thank you, I stick it when I find a shiny white foil: :)
08.05.2020 19:41 # 11
OguzhanKucuk61
The wheel covers I painted showed the problem of small paint spillage from the edges. I also put on a red valve cap. I think it adds a different mood
08.05.2020 19:41 # 12
Gokcesel
First of all, the paint that looks very good is your health. Is paint waste from rubbing? I wondered if you pulled together with the vehicle remotely :)
08.05.2020 19:41 # 13
OguzhanKucuk61
There is no rubbing or something. I had climbed the mountain, somewhere branches were knots either then It was time or I could not apply the paint very well to the edges. Or it may have happened when washing with pressurized water. I don't have a remote photo right now, I'll take it tomorrow :). Glad you like it thanks
08.05.2020 19:41 # 14
Gokcesel
If I had seen it before, I would apply it to my wheel covers Tongue When it frightens, it will surely get up, but such simple things are negative.
08.05.2020 19:41 # 15
OguzhanKucuk61
Instead plasti dip can be applied. Maybe it can be more solid permanent.
08.05.2020 19:41 # 16
Gokcesel
You have to try it when it is done exactly. I want to paint my rim in gunmetal color. Thumbs Up
08.05.2020 19:41 # 17
OguzhanKucuk61
It is a real jantsa, the color you call gun metal really looks amazing. If you do, you must share the application :)
08.05.2020 19:41 # 18
Gokcesel
Since there are many things to do before (spring, fold cancellation, normal km maintenance etc.) both time and material are a bit of a problem :)

If I do, I will definitely share Smile
Gokcesel 2016-03-06 01:36:48
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”