Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

WHAT IS TORQUE? With the Simplest Expression.

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODIFIED PLATFORM » Modification and Tuning Information
08.05.2020 13:55 # 1
Guests

Yes, it can be a term that you often hear and wonder. Torque.

Torque is the moment force in vehicle engines. In other words, it is the way power is applied. The greater the moment the pistons apply thrust force to the crankshaft, the greater the torque. In diesel engines, the length of the piston rod is longer than in petrol engines, so the torque of diesel engines is higher.

Practically speaking, 2 people will use the same power to overthrow a man. One pushed the man in the leg and the other in the shoulder. The damage caused by the shovel from the shoulder will be more, perhaps even toppling. But there is not much chance of pushing from the leg. More power will be required.

In short, torque means how much work the vehicle can do with little power. This is why diesel engines have better traction, can do more with less revolutions and burn less. Of course, in this law, earnings from work provide some loss of speed. Because diesel engines cannot reach high speeds because of the piston rod length. But they also know how to finish the job at low revs.

I hope I was able to satisfy your torque curiosity. If we need to give another example, we have 2 vehicles with 70 hp. One's torque is higher than the other. When these vehicles are connected to each other, the ones with high torque are more likely to take the other. The high torque is likely to go faster, but even if they can go to the same speed, the low torque one is certain to follow. In the uphill race, the guarantee with high torque is the winner.

That's why torque is a very important concept. If you can adjust the speed well in intermediate accelerations in traffic, you can understand what I mean by high torque.

High torque, vibration free driving.

08.05.2020 13:55 # 2
Guests
thanks for sharing
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”