Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

What is this piece and why did it splash oil?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:27 # 1
ahmet_bjk
Hello friends ...
& nbsp;
I wonder what is the part of the red circle in the picture.
& nbsp;
Also oil splashed on this piece, can this be a sign of a problem?
Or is it just due to the slack of the clamps?
08.05.2020 17:27 # 2
koliva
The ordinary air doser of that part. The pipes you see at the bottom come from the turbo on the right and enter the turbo exchanger located next to the radiator. The pipe from the heat exchanger enters this doser and from there goes to the air filter above (at the top of the engine).

As for the problem. There is already a very thin layer of oil in the intercooler. Therefore, it is natural that there is oil in this piece. However, seeing the oil on the track is not very accurate. This is a known problem and what is done is to insert this doser and isolate the input output. This solution is a solution offered by Peugeot to services. Otherwise, if you change the piece, it will become a leftover Get well soon.
koliva 2013-03-25 06:42:42
08.05.2020 17:27 # 3
ahmet_bjk
Thanks for information. How can I do the isolation? Would it be enough to replace the clamps?
08.05.2020 17:27 # 4
koliva
[QUOTE = ahmet_bjk] Thanks for the info. How can I do the isolation? Is it enough to change the clamps? [/ QUOTE]

A black silicone style product is used. You don't need to change the clamps, you just need to insert and insulate them. Reviews
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”