Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

What is this oil

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 18:12 # 1
MertMurat
I just noticed that this oil may be coming from ... I wonder if I can pour this car with gasoline and burn it anymore :)

08.05.2020 18:12 # 2
Serkan
Probably the oil filter side industry is installed and the gasket is not fully seated
08.05.2020 18:12 # 3
Bugra
yes there is oil filter in that part. As serkan brother said, there may be a leak from the filter and the gasket.
08.05.2020 18:12 # 4
MertMurat
Is it necessary to replace the oil filter. Well, when this changes, how will the oil in the engine be discharged?
08.05.2020 18:12 # 5
Guests
[QUOTE = MertMurat] Need to change the oil filter. Well, when this changes, how will the oil in the engine be discharged?
[/ QUOTE]

The oil filters of these cars do not sit interesting if the original is not installed. The same thing happened to my former owner of 407. The friend who changed it at the gas station could not fit and tighten the cover in the meantime and cut the thin seal around the cover. There's been a lot of oil and even the hood felt in the oil.

There is a complete set in the link and it's a pretty reasonable number.
08.05.2020 18:12 # 6
Serkan
[QUOTE = MertMurat] Need to change the oil filter. Well, when this changes, how will the oil in the engine be discharged?
[/ QUOTE]

You do not need to change the engine oil, replace the filter and gasket, some oil may flow out, then check from the dipstick and if the oil is too low, add some of the same oil.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”