Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

What is chip, what does it do?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODIFIED PLATFORM » Modification and Tuning Information
08.05.2020 13:55 # 1
Guests
What is chip tuning and how does it work?
Each injection engine has an ECU (Electronic Control Unit) that regulates ignition, injection and air-fuel mixture. With a chip in this unit, the necessary working parameters are transmitted to the motor. By reprogramming this chip, we offer new operating parameters to the engine.

Why should I get a chip?
Chipt significantly increases the performance and power of the engine, especially its torque at low revs. While driving on mountain roads, similar conditions with difficulties on slopes and low revs, high torque in a chip applied engine makes a significant contribution to performance. In general use, chip application also reduces fuel consumption.

Which types of chips can be tuned?
Chip tuning can be applied to all gasoline injection engines and turbo diesel engines with electronic operating system.

Advantages of chip tuning
The life of the engine is not adversely affected by chip tuning.
Gasoline consumption is generally reduced.
Due to the gas position (how much the gas is pressed) and the engine speed, it can be programmed in a wide range of fields, making it very detailed.
Chip tuning is not understandable from the outside.

Disadvantages of chip tuning
It is not very easy to remove.
It is more expensive than Box Tuning application.
It usually requires soldering within the ECU.

Does chip tuning damage the engine?
As long as it is implemented by a professional person, chip tuning will definitely not damage your engine. Application of people without knowledge can be harmful.

Is there a change in the vehicle's factory warranty?
In most brands, chip tuning does not affect the vehicle's factory warranty, as it is not noticeable from the outside. Some car manufacturers offer chip tuning services even by themselves.

How long does it take to apply chip tuning to my vehicle?
It takes an average of 3 hours to adapt the chip tuning application to your vehicle.

What are the differences between Chip tuning and Box tuning?
Box is an external box integrated in the vehicle's wiring, does not require intervention in the vehicle's brain. For chip tuning, the Eprom in the brain must be replaced and reprogrammed.
08.05.2020 13:55 # 2
Guests
I will give you some information about chip, but after reading, you will decide how much chip is necessary and how unnecessary.
08.05.2020 13:55 # 3
Guests

I HAVE A Phrase, NO ONE WOULD Understand WRONG MORE THAN EARLY SHIELD IS OPENING.

CHIP TO ME THAT HAPPENED .. CHAPTER THAT LAPTOP TO THE HAND IS LINKED TO THE FRENCH FROM THE AMERICA AND THE CHIAP.
EVERY CHIP IS NOT USEFUL FOR ME. INSTANT SOFTWARE REQUIRED TO SEPARATE CHIPS AND SOFTWARE SUITABLE FOR THE VEHICLE OANKI MODULE (DYNO)
WHY I WOULD HAVE USED 106 I HAVE COME X X ABİ CHİP TIK MAN LOADED 106 CHIP TO PLACE
YOU COME TO THE SAME PLACE, 106 CHIP TIK LOADED IN INDUSTRY ..
EE I HAVE DEGREE EXHAUST VS IN MY VEHICLE NOW WHAT WILL YOUR CAR BE IN STANDAR
SAOL SERHAT FOR SHARING
08.05.2020 13:55 # 4
sinan-s
Thanks for sharing ...
08.05.2020 13:55 # 5
Guests
Inside face of chip tuning
As you know, chip tuning can be done on almost any vehicle with Injection and with the help of all the sensors of the car, technical data about each part of the car is collected in Chip in a main center called ECU. So why does this chip cost so much while modifying it?
In fact, the Integrations used in the chip tuning system is nothing but the BIOS Integration available on the motherboard of our computers, which we can easily find even in the computer dump. The actual name of these Chips on the Switchboard and Computer Motherboard is EPROM and it is a programmable integrated type that can be written on and erasable. But since the software that does not program it is not available everywhere and to everyone, it is also very expensive because there are no devices to disconnect these Epromes from the vehicles and connect them to the Computer. Indeed, it is not a job that people cannot think of. Programming Chips is as simple as using an Excell Word.
Let me give an example to this: Benlioğlu Automotive's Birgün Friend would disassemble the Chip on the Honda Civic SI vehicle and replace it with the Epromn of Superchips which has not yet been installed. but first he copied the data from the old Chip to the Empty Chipe just like the CD. Then he opened the Superchips Eprom and started playing with the Data on the screen.
According to the data received from the Sensors in the Injection, I was spraying 250 cc of gasoline to the engine, and it did 300 cc. According to the sensor data received from Throttle, 150 cc of air was entering each cylinder, and it did 100. In addition, because of the Open air filter, he burned excess gasoline better with cold air and obtained high power thanks to the cold air intake. And after playing with a lot of data, Chipi placed it into the Honda Civic SI, while the tool was 130 hp and 145 hp. Moreover, I gave a very long but only a small example. Of course, exhaust system etc. was also ethical in having 145hp.
In atmospheric vehicles, 75% of gasoline entering the cylinder is not burned, 25% is burned. When programming cold chip, when the cold air enters the engine, it does not mean much, because if the burning gas is 250 cc, 50 cc of it is burning, but if the incoming air is 150 cc, the entire engine If this air is cold and it enters 100 cc thanks to the chip, if 250 cc gasoline entering the engine before the chip is made after 300cc after the chip, the remaining 129 cc gasoline is 100 cc since 75% of the gasoline that goes into each cylinder is not burned in atmospheric engines. will be mixed with air and burned.
Before the chip, this vehicle mixed exactly 63 cc of gas and 150 cc of air, and that mixture was poor. Here, the effect will be good if the air filter is placed in a location where it gets cold and good air.
08.05.2020 13:55 # 6
Guests
[QUOTE = piscocuk]

I HAVE A Phrase, NO ONE WOULD Understand WRONG MORE THAN EARLY SHIELD IS OPENING.

CHIP TO ME THAT HAPPENED .. CHAPTER THAT LAPTOP TO THE HAND IS LINKED TO THE FRENCH FROM THE AMERICA AND THE CHIAP.
EVERY CHIP IS NOT USEFUL FOR ME. INSTANT SOFTWARE REQUIRED TO SEPARATE CHIPS AND SOFTWARE SUITABLE FOR THE VEHICLE OANKI MODULE (DYNO)
WHY I WOULD HAVE USED 106 I HAVE COME X X ABİ CHİP TIK MAN LOADED 106 CHIP TO PLACE
YOU COME TO THE SAME PLACE, 106 CHIP TIK LOADED IN INDUSTRY ..
EE I HAVE DEGREE EXHAUST VS IN MY VEHICLE NOW WHAT WILL YOUR CAR BE IN STANDAR
You are right, my brother, but the places that I know, chıp, which I know, are loading according to the games in the motor, besides, the car gets hotter in the last brain.
SAOL SERHAT FOR SHARING
[/ QUOTE]
08.05.2020 13:55 # 7
Guests
You are right, my brother, but the places that I know, chıp, which I know, are loading according to the games in the motor, besides, the car gets hotter in the last brain.
08.05.2020 13:55 # 8
Guests
If we have a nice conversation, we will not know if we are aware of the fiat besides the information ??
08.05.2020 13:55 # 9
Guests
Prices vary from different companies to companies and brands, so we need to do good research, but I would especially recommend not to go to a chip-burning master like an onno master.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”