Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Water intake problem from the antenna

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 20:14 # 1
OguzhanKucuk61
After washing the car last night, a nice rain came down on it.
This morning, when I left the house, I made a hard maneuver to the right and water flowed from the ceiling lamp through my leg. It's not a drop, but almost a half a cup of tea. I had a 30 km road in front of me and I continued driving. There was no dripping during the cruise. While approaching to the right on the road, there was again a slight stiff, again flowing. The vehicle waited 2-3 hours intermittently in the rain. When I got on, I checked, there was no wetness. There was no dripping in the return route. I pulled the car under the balconies so that the ceiling in the garden of the house did not see rain.
I checked the antenna bottom from the outside. As usual, he was turning left and right. But it was as if the extra front and back were stretching up. I cannot see the possibility of getting water from another place. What are your ideas?
I plan to remove the antenna, dry the wet and damp places both inside and outside, and put it back in place with black silicone. Is there any other material to be recommended for bonding? How do I best solve this radically?
08.05.2020 20:14 # 2
pusutr
Silicon is logical. If you have also had a nut licking, you can change it. There is no other solution.
08.05.2020 20:14 # 3
Gokcesel
Get well, my friend. As you said, the best thing is to squeeze and sit the silicone.
08.05.2020 20:14 # 4
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = pusutr] Silicon is logical. If you have also had a nut licking, you can change it. There is no other solution.
[/ QUOTE]

I wonder if I change the bottom of the antenna?
08.05.2020 20:14 # 5
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = Gokceel] Get well, buddy. As you said, the best thing is to squeeze and seat the silicone. [/ QUOTE]

Thank you sir, I will do it
08.05.2020 20:14 # 6
Gokcesel
There is a fee of 15 lira for the bottom of the antenna may be healthier :)
08.05.2020 20:14 # 7
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = Gokceel] The bottom of the antenna has a fee of 15 lira can be healthier:) [/ QUOTE]
Thank you thank you
08.05.2020 20:14 # 8
hzr206
My teacher has a silicone pull-up on the bottom of the antenna, but when I take care of the ceiling lamp, it breaks the teeth immediately, I threw screws and I have points.

Also, if you want to practice it, tape the bottom of the antenna with the black electrical band and it will go very long.
08.05.2020 20:14 # 9
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = hzr206] my teacher is a silicon pull-down bottom, but while I was paying attention to the ceiling lamp, I immediately broke the teeth and screwed it in. I have points.

If you want to get a practice, tape the bottom of the antenna with the black electrical band and it will go very long.
[/ QUOTE]

Thank you, teacher, thank you
08.05.2020 20:14 # 10
Eyup B.
I know it happened to me. Squeeze the silicon and don't destroy it

First, take out the lamp.
Remove Antenna
Attach a washer to the bottom of the antenna from inside
and beautifully flake thick.
It's gone. it is so simple and you enjoy it while correcting.

I opened the car one morning and the gear was always water, so I fixed it.

One of the staff asked 25 TL for silicon.
08.05.2020 20:14 # 11
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = Eyüp B.] I know it happened to me. Squeeze the silicon and don't destroy it

First, take out the lamp.
Remove Antenna
Attach a washer to the bottom of the antenna from inside
and beautifully flake thick.
It's gone. it is so simple and you enjoy it while correcting.

I opened the car one morning and the gear was always water, so I fixed it.

One of the staff asked 25 TL for silicon.
[/ QUOTE]

If there is no problem, I plan to handle it myself. But is it possible to seal without using silicone?
08.05.2020 20:14 # 12
Eyup B.
1 winter stopped in the open car park and no click.
08.05.2020 20:14 # 13
onlycihan
I used a material called a liquid gasket that was similar to that of a silicone. But the antenna was completely renewed at the top and bottom because they were very old and in bad condition. In fact, you had to change the bottom and the top end was broken, and the bottom was completely broken. Now, I have a sports antenna with a short top and it has become better and more solid. As it flexes and wobbles a lot, it deforms your bottom over time. Get well soon
08.05.2020 20:14 # 14
pusutr
My old antenna was broken while it was washing. I took the original antenna from the Peigeot service and immoned it. I tightened the nut well. I did not use anything like silicone. There was no leakage etc.
08.05.2020 20:14 # 15
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = onlycihan] I used a material called a liquid gasket, not silicone. But the antenna was completely renewed at the top and bottom because they were very old and in bad condition. In fact, you had to change the bottom and the top end was broken, and the bottom was completely broken. Now, I have a sports antenna with a short top and it has become better and more solid. As it flexes and wobbles a lot, it deforms your bottom over time. Get well [/ QUOTE]

I strongly agree. It is so long that the antenna wobbles left and right, even in the same way as you said. It may be a good idea to switch to a short antenna.
08.05.2020 20:14 # 16
OguzhanKucuk61
While I was going to get the bottom of the antenna from the particle, I told him what he said was no and he said that it should not be necessary. Based on this, I decided to disassemble.
For those who do not know, first we pry down the ceiling lamp with a flat screwdriver and take it down and remove the socket. Then we save the ceiling lamp frame from the nails it has and put it aside. The interior of the antenna appears before us. There is a metal cap, we take it out, loosen the nut with the appropriate wrench. We save the part that provides connection with the tape from the bottom of the antenna and take the antenna in our hands.
After drying it beautifully and looking left and right, we do the same process in reverse. This happened because my nut was loose. The bottom of the antenna was gone, but stood firm. I did not need to buy a new one. I tightened the nut well and made the antenna not moving and closed it from the inside. We have rainy days ahead :)) we will look at the results, I hope there will be no mishaps. Thank you very much
08.05.2020 20:14 # 17
TooJohn
I had the same problem, I cut the rubber gasket to that area and made it waterproof.

I think the antenna cable got water, it made a chassis, it sizzles and I need to change it.

How can I change the antenna cable?
08.05.2020 20:14 # 18
sonerkyl
[QUOTE = TooJohn] I had the same problem, I cut rubber gasket to that area and made it water-proof.

I think the antenna cable got water, it made a chassis, it sizzles and I need to change it.

How can I change the antenna cable?
[/ QUOTE]

My teacher antenna cable goes down the right pole. when removing it, it is easy to put on a new one. when hiding under the floor.
08.05.2020 20:14 # 19
TooJohn
What are the points that I should pay attention to when disassembling. I can reach the antenna area and the back of the tape without any problems.
08.05.2020 20:14 # 20
sonerkyl
My teacher only makes the ceiling upholstery a little bit, and it will be more comfortable to put the cable in between when the sunshades are removed. replacing the ceiling lamp side pole bakelite and the cable line.
Page : / 2
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”