Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

V-Belt displaced - tension ball broken

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 20:41 # 1
OguzhanKucuk61
During the day, I stopped the car at the petrol station. I started the starter to run. The moment he worked, there was a voice called joke. I stopped and when I got off and looked, I saw a strap on the floor. I opened the hood and looked. The belt under the steering fluid is out of place. When I pushed the car back, I saw a piece of it broken with little undo. I searched for a few places and my master. They said that the battery, steering fluid and circulation are connected to this belt and that I should not operate it. I called the tow truck and got my master to the shop. I told the master the situation, lifted it up and looked at it, and said it had to disassemble everything to change it. He said that if it is dismantled, it will incur much labor costs. He brought the solution as follows, he would not use the broken tensioner ball and put on a shorter belt to handle the event.
At first he did not bother me, but he said he had no function. It has nothing to do with places like hydraulics, recirculation, and batteries. He said he just turned the strap. He assured that he wouldn't have a problem if he wore a short strap. In the event of a problem, I said to my surety. So I said do it. I said save me at least cost.
The vehicle now lies in the shop. Tomorrow morning, my first job will take care of my vehicle.
Is diagnosis and intervention correct?
Does the system work properly with a short belt without installing the tensioner ball? Does it give me trouble?
Thank you very much for your help.
08.05.2020 20:41 # 2
sonerkyl
Oğuzhan be well, brother first. I don't understand why the tensioner ball was so hard to put on, so there is nothing difficult to do. There is a tensioner ball slab. If the piece is not so expensive, 150 TL in total and 50 TL in labor, let's say 200 hdai has not been max 250 TL.

08.05.2020 20:41 # 3
husem
Would it be the tool makers if it didn't work? I think whatever is required should be done, it should not be easy.
08.05.2020 20:41 # 4
pusutr
It is enough to lift the tool on the fiber to remove the tension ball. As far as I know it has 3 screws. unscrew it, put on the new belt, put back the complete new of the tensioner ball, and you're done. Maximum half an hour of work. How many how many can you escape from that master?
Also, thanks to the tension ball, we can easily understand whether there is a problem in the bearing and its pulley. Do not run tightly without tension.
Strap 35 tl
tensioner 110 tl
labor 50 tl
200 TL max.
as original parts.
pusut is 2017-12-20 11:48:17
08.05.2020 20:41 # 5
RP393
Hello there,

The main task of the tension ball is that the belt absorbs the load changes on the belt, such as hot-cold, sudden gassing and gas cutting.

Your tensioner ball (will definitely change on the belt) has completed its life and broken to protect other pulleys, bearings. You have to do;

Taking the new belt + tensioner bearing and having it repaired as it should with a fee of 150 TL (max).

Not giving anything to the master in question other than Allah's salute

Get well soon.
08.05.2020 20:41 # 6
OguzhanKucuk61
Indeed, if it is such a serious situation, I will go and crash on their heads. Yesterday we laid the car in the shop, they still have not started today.
I am not thinking whether I am misrepresenting the piece.
He said that Dinamo should be dismantled.
He showed me the piece, not clear. The broken part is inward. I don't understand oguzhankucuk61 2017-12-20 14:52:29
08.05.2020 20:41 # 7
OguzhanKucuk61
I met with the master right now. He said that the foot to which the tension ball was attached was broken. That was the case that I saw.
08.05.2020 20:41 # 8
OguzhanKucuk61
And it won't be using a short strap. He said he had to disassemble and change.
08.05.2020 20:41 # 9
ersin61
Get well soon..
08.05.2020 20:41 # 10
OguzhanKucuk61
Thank you brother @ ersin61
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”