Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Urban legends and facts about engine oil

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 15:32 # 1
Guests

There are many urban legends about engine oils, one of the most important food sources of vehicles, that unnecessarily confuse drivers. Mark Southby, one of the scientists who developed the superior Shell Helix, revealed the four most striking and widespread false facts and real facts.
Wrong: “If you have always used mineral oil in your engine, you cannot use synthetic oil.”

True: “Some of the drivers are afraid to try synthetic oil because they have not used it before. As long as it meets the viscosity requirements and condition in your car owner's manual, there is no harm in using mineral oil or synthetic oil. ”

Wrong: "Mineral oil is natural, so it's better for my car than synthetic oils."

True: “Contrary to this very common belief, synthetic oil works better for the engine of the car than mineral oil based oils. Mineral oils are made from natural refined oil extracted from the soil. Synthetic oil, on the other hand, protects the engine in a much wider temperature range than mineral oil by changing it chemically by expert scientists. ”

Wrong: "Engine oil that turns black in color is not good."

True: “On the contrary, the oil that does not turn black is a sign that the oil is not working. The additive in the oil helps to remove dirt and residue and keep it in the suspension without damage. The engine remains clean in this way. For a healthier engine, it is better to have dirt in oil that can be drained when the oil is replaced instead of the engine.

Wrong: "Short trips are better for my motor."

That's right: “Drivers who frequently travel short can damage the engine, regardless of the age of their car. The motors do not reach optimum operating temperatures over short distances, making deposit formation more possible. In this case, it is better for drivers to move to the next level of engine oil to get the best engine protection. ”

Source: Auto Newspaper
08.05.2020 15:32 # 2
metin
Wrong: "Engine oil that turns black in color is not good."

True: “On the contrary, the oil that does not turn black is a sign that the oil is not working. The additive in the oil helps to remove dirt and residue and keep it in the suspension without damage. The engine remains clean in this way. For a healthier engine, it is better to have dirt in oil that can be drained when the oil is replaced instead of the engine.

I didn't know that beautiful sharing
08.05.2020 15:32 # 3
oguzhan29
thanks for sharing, engine oil is recirculated, cleans the engine and gets dirty, so its color is respectful so it means doing
08.05.2020 15:32 # 4
mdincer34
nice sharing thanks
08.05.2020 15:32 # 5
efsanemurat
WE HAVE LEARNED THE MOST OF THE SHARING OF USEFUL HEALTH BENEFIT.
08.05.2020 15:32 # 6
Guests
I was wondering, to give an example on my own vehicle, since the vehicle was first taken, Total 10-40 has been placed in every maintenance without interruption. The vehicle is in 2004 model 103. Now I am thinking of putting Castrol EDGE 5-40 fully synthetic. Some craftsmen say continue whatever oil is used. Undecided. However, I believe that full synthetics will be more performance. Undecided.
08.05.2020 15:32 # 7
dinoco
tşkler Colonel imm for nice sharing
08.05.2020 15:32 # 8
Guests
I bought a mobile 1 5-40 will use. If there is no leak in your engine, you can use it very comfortably.
[QUOTE = Berkay] I am curious, to give an example on my own vehicle, Total 10-40 has been placed in every maintenance since the vehicle was first taken without interruption. The vehicle is in 2004 model 103. Now I am thinking of putting Castrol EDGE 5-40 fully synthetic. Some craftsmen say continue whatever oil is used. Undecided. However, I believe that full synthetics will be more performance. Neutral. [/ QUOTE]
08.05.2020 15:32 # 9
mdincer34
I just changed castrol edge 5w 40 is fine :)
08.05.2020 15:32 # 10
Guests
[QUOTE = dinoco] Thank you for good sharing, Colonel Imim [/ QUOTE]

Thank You Brother
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”