Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Unidentified sound from Scudo 2.0 engine

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » Other Brands
08.05.2020 20:37 # 1
tolgakmg
Hello again to everyone. We can not solve the problem about the vehicle I bought about 1.5 months ago. The engine structure of the vehicle is the same as the 2.0 HDI. I have been researching for a while and consulting in forms, but I could not find a solution because I could not define the problem clearly. Friends with knowledge, I would be very happy if they share. As I said, my car is a scudo 2.0 panorama series. A vehicle at 174,000km. There is a voice problem, which was pronounced on the day I bought and could not be found despite all the interventions. I bought the vehicle from Ankara and brought it to Çanakkale the same day. While buying, test drives were carried out in several places. However, on the first gasoline I bought, the tank sounded like a chain sound after fulling the tank. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S19Tt8fuSQI (sound this sound) I brought the Tool to the Carrot with this sound accompaniment. It is a voice heard mostly around 1200 and an annoying size of 1200-2700 fixed gas. Let me describe the sound as follows. It is not heard at idle. When you start to increase the engine speed by pressing the gas very little, the sound starts to sound around 1200 revolutions (especially when you hold it steady). It does not change depending on the engine temperature. The hot cold sound period comes unchanged. It comes if you get down in compression in downhill gear. 1200-2700 is heard predominantly. At higher speeds, the sound is not understood from the engine noise. But ..... for example, the 5th gear is going at a constant speed of 90 km. (speed is an example, this speed is at every speed and in gear) Your rev counter is like 2100 ... if you press the gas less, you will hear the crispy (or stylishly somehow) sound obvious. But if there is a slope, if you press a little to keep your gas speed, it disappears partially or completely depending on your rate of compression. If you pressed the gas a little and your speed is increasing, the speed decreases until it stabilizes or you pull some gas off. To keep your speed constant, if you pressed the gas for more than a quarter, there is no sound until you change the accelerator pedal position. Apart from that, the sound is very clear when you press the gas a little or not at all when landing and going straight. The interesting thing is that you go down with a downward compression on a steep hill. Let's say your engine speed is 2250. The sound sounds very clear. However, if you switch off the ignition and continue to lower in gear, the sound disappears completely. Since the presence of the sound .... no difficulty in working on the vehicle, low traction, no smoke and so on. therefore, the malfunction cannot be fully detected. Now let's come to the transactions. Since he is not a good master with Çanakka, the car top cover was removed by someone we trust. The master suspended the chain or valve adjustment shims in the engine. After the vehicle was removed, he went to the cover shop. Valve exercise was done in the valve, manifold was cleaned, timing chain and belt were changed. setting shims cleared. None of these parts appeared to be a problem, but they were replaced for precautionary purposes. It was seen that the sound never changed after the motor was collected. There is no power shortage in the vehicle. I can even say that it has a very good performance. There is no smoke. No problem for the first time. Even the smoke is surprisingly absent. There is no slope. no bottom gas. No stuck on acceleration in the vehicle. There was no slight change in the sound after repair. The craftsman who made it caused several other malfunctions or attempts to fix it. After my masters and researches, we thought that the vehicle's fuel system should be checked and called the pump. Since there is not a good pump in the pot, I met with a good master in Bigada on the advice I received from a few people. The master argued that the sound does not come from the fuel system, the sound is mechanical. The vehicle was then dismantled and checked again. The problem did not appear (of course, the manifold leak in the vehicle and the sound of the vacuum pump started to sound) The pumpmaker insists that the sound is mechanical. If the sound comes from the chain or valve shims, the sound should not decrease or increase in gas responses. Also, the sound should not be lost when I turn off the engine in compression. Even if there is a malfunction in the sound fuel system, there should be low smoke traction etc. It was a bit of a long narration. I'm sorry. I would be very happy if there are people who have this kind of problem with this tool or who will suggest me. I have been dealing for 1.5 months and I no longer want to tamper with the car without knowledge. When I took it to the bursa, the masters who saw it did not say a clear cut and argued that the vehicle should be dismantled again. They insist that there is no fuel system there. I am waiting for your answers. Thank you.
08.05.2020 20:37 # 2
ggitaristt
even though you pull the gas out of the vehicle while it is clicking and downhill, the sound stops but when you turn the ignition off, the problem seems to be not in the mechanical parts rotating.

The injection logic of the injector is not blow out once the piston reaches the top. In the event of an abnormal condition or knock in the engine, the ECU detects this and can change the spraying time.

So according to my logic; accelerator pedal, ECU, injectors, knock sensor and their connections. At least one of them is faulty.

Now, I'm not an experienced person, my job is electronics and software, but not about cars. And I always build my logic according to the working principles I wrote above.

To conclude: If the car was mine, my first job would be to go to a pump and have the injectors checked. The most damage would be in the injectors in that kilometer. The injector may not be able to cut the diesel under pressure.
08.05.2020 20:37 # 3
tolgakmg
Good Morning. First of all, thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, Çanakkale is a region of deprivation on many issues. Since the only reliable pump of the region I am going to say that the sound does not come from the fuel system ... (master .... "the sound must be coming from the injector or the advance sound ... but the sound I hear is a mechanical sound ... so the controls are not to be wasted. we should be directed on the cover "interprets it as ...). There is also a dish in the kitchen, but he could not actually get out.

Hearing the sound of the pump, let's check yes if the sound can come from here ... I will have it removed immediately. however, in the two pumpers (more inexperienced in the center of Canakkale), he thinks the sound is not a fuel system.

The confusing thing, as you mentioned, is that the sound changes according to the gas position and the sound is cut off if the ignition is turned off while the vehicle is in gear. If there is a change in the spray graphics .... that is, when I cut off the gas while the vehicle is in gear, it continues to spray diesel .... smoke and the vehicle must be misfire ... these are absent. They suspected of the snap sensor, or advance sensor, on a single diesel pump. They disassembled and cleaned and checked electrically. They didn't see any problems, but .... this is the only suspected piece. Since there is no one here in that piece, we have no chance to try it.

I will check the ecu and sensor connections of the vehicle again according to your recommendations. Thank you.
tolgakmg 2017-10-27 09:18:11
08.05.2020 20:37 # 4
sonerkyl
Well, my teacher checked the eccentric shaft round. I had such a voice in my 206 cars. There was a similar sound after the cylinder head gasket replacement. Then I went again to the master, the top cover was removed, the eccentric shaft bearing and the seals were changed and the sound was cut. I am not thinking whether it might be a loose leg that I can think of.
08.05.2020 20:37 # 5
tolgakmg
Thank you, Soner. In the first cover removal, we checked the bearings. However, the bearings and bearings appeared healthy. My first suspicion before dismantling was that there might already be a bearing, but ... the sound is not much like a bearing or bearing sound.

These are videos shot at various times about the source of the sound.
The sound heard in the direction of the gas given in this role. When you give very little and sensitive gas, it is even heard around 1000 rpm.
https://youtu.be/dpagjp82thc

This (may not be heard much. It can be heard more clearly if you are listening with headphones).

This means that when you gas uphill (regardless of speed and gear)
tolgakmg 2017-10-27 10:48:58
08.05.2020 20:37 # 6
ggitaristt
My idea is still this: One of the injectors cannot cut completely, there is a small leak. When one of the pistons goes up, a small explosion takes place before the air is fully compressed. It does not cause smoke. Of course, this makes a regular noise that should not be every time and causes a small knock. The diesel pump stops and the sound stops when the ignition is turned off.

If they checked the injectors and said no problem, this time I would say ECU.

In other words, the only thing that changes in the engine when the ignition is turned off while leaving the gas and going in gear at a certain speed is when the diesel pump stops .. When we release the gas over 1000 cycles, the ECU stops spraying diesel to reduce the cycle. sound is coming .. So there is still an explosion in the piston ..

Arrangement: There may be oil leaking into the piston.
ggitaristt 2017-10-27 18:03:43
08.05.2020 20:37 # 7
tolgakmg
Mr. Mehmet good night. As you have stated, the ECU signals to the injector must be cut during gas cuts due to the working principle of the fuel system. Noise while the engine is running and in gear indicates that the system malfunction is from the fuel system. If fortune will be in Adana tomorrow. On Monday we will have a check with the masters I trust. I share the results here.

No oil reduction or smoke.
08.05.2020 20:37 # 8
ggitaristt
Waiting for the past ..
08.05.2020 20:37 # 9
tolgakmg
Good night, guys. The vehicle's malfunction was finally found. After dismantling the top cover of the vehicle, the place where it connects to the pump at the rear of the eccentric shaft (acting as a coupling) was broken. This was the advance sound caused by the pump not getting full movement from the eccentric shaft while the engine was running and playing some back and forth. We ordered the eccentric shaft. In the meantime, the vehicle will be collected until the end of the week.

I think a detail that was overlooked in the first dismantling in Çanakkale.

08.05.2020 20:37 # 10
sonerkyl
Sir, I'm glad the problem is there. Get past it
08.05.2020 20:37 # 11
tolgakmg
[QUOTE = sonerkyl] Sir, I'm glad the problem was found. Get well with this [/ QUOTE]
Thank you. The vehicle has not been collected yet. They said the original was an expensive piece. I look at the supplier industry. Hopefully the sound problem will be fixed after the vehicle is collected.
08.05.2020 20:37 # 12
sonerkyl
I recommend you to look for clean parts that come out of the supplier
08.05.2020 20:37 # 13
ggitaristt
Find out, brother.
08.05.2020 20:37 # 14
tolgakmg
Don't look at it. The vehicle is currently in Adana. Unfortunately, if they cannot find it, I will take a look at the supplier industry. The vehicle will be collected by the end of next week.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”