Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

turbo manifold

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODIFIED PLATFORM » Modification and Tuning Information
08.05.2020 17:18 # 1
carantinas
Guys, this post I saw on the ad is written as a turbo manifold, so I know it as headers, am I wrong? My vehicle 1.4 I wonder if I get this piece of pros. What are the advantages of my vehicle? exhaust-61776265? ggap_s = Criteo & amp; ggap_m = Criteo & amp; ggap_n = Criteo & amp; ggap_c = product & amp; mpch ads = & amp; scxid = 14489-146659-2357-0
08.05.2020 17:18 # 2
Guests

According to the operating principles of the engine, the gases produced by combustion in the cylinder must be discharged. In four-stroke engines, the absorption time, ie the mixture that will burn, is taken into the cylinder after the exhaust time. If all exhaust gases cannot be thrown out, the new fuel mixture may ignite and cause early combustion. This is undesirable for engine performance.

Each cylinder has an exhaust outlet. Considering the firing order 1–3–4–2; Exhaust gases coming out from the 1st cylinder and exhaust gases coming out from the 3rd cylinder collide due to the short manifold length, causing some gas to recoil. Engine performance improves when there is no exhaust connection in an idle engine. Based on this information, the exhaust manifold pipes are made longer. This system is & nbsp; 4–2–1 headers, 4–1 headers manifolds.

Headers. Pipes leaving the cylinder in the 4–2–1 headers system must have a distance of 40–43 cm from the first junction and 40–43 cm from the joint to the end of the manifold. If the pipe lengths are not calculated correctly, performance will suffer more than the benefits of manifolds. It will not allow exhaust gases to come out of the cylinder easily. In 4-1 manifolds, the pipe length should be 80–85 cm. The distance from the manifold combination to the catalyst should be 80–85 cm. 4-1 headers means the direct joining of pipes coming out of 4 cylinders.

The exhaust manifold contributes to fuel consumption while increasing engine performance. The engine finds the opportunity to work more easily, thus extending the life of the engine parts. It is one of the parts that should change while the engine is being modified.

Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”