Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Tire size

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 20:01 # 1
alicelik20
Hello friends. If we use the front tires of our front-wheel drive in their original size and use the large and wide base tires on the rear tires, will this have a negative effect on performance? As a result, the front tires will do the traction, the rear will only balance the load. In this way, I plan to increase braking distance and road holding.
08.05.2020 20:01 # 2
OguzhanKucuk61
They apply the system you mentioned to those with high volume and I think traction from behind. An oversized base will tire our small-volume engine.
08.05.2020 20:01 # 3
alicelik20
Since the traction is from the front, the wide base tire I put on the back will be used for transport and braking only in the car.
08.05.2020 20:01 # 4
OguzhanKucuk61
I understand the issue of braking, the wide base shortens the braking distance, but I do not agree with the transport. Transport is all about tire load index. There is no such thing as a wide base carries a better load. If you will provide security with a wide base, a quality tire of suitable dimensions will be a more logical choice.
08.05.2020 20:01 # 5
alicelik20
I did not say it would carry a better load, you got it wrong. I mentioned that I think the rear tires will not affect the performance because the traction is from the front. But it is possible that it will shorten the braking distance and increase the grip on dry asphalt.
08.05.2020 20:01 # 6
Alicilik
If you have ABS, you will have trouble braking and controlling. Even though there is a lap difference during rotation, I think that there will be more wear on the wheel.
08.05.2020 20:01 # 7
mrtttt53
I think it is the original size but I would recommend buying a nokian tire. I bought it from the internet summer and winter 2 sets, I am very very satisfied.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”