Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Timing change

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:58 # 1
efesbright
Hello friends, I have a question for friends who have made timing changes.

I want to change the timing, because the authorized person gives a very high price, in a service that guarantees my company's vehicles. I'll have the parts taken by myself. But is there anyone who can give information about which parts need to change in the timing change? I heard things like V-belt, circulation (water pump). Does anyone know exactly the parts?
08.05.2020 17:58 # 2
samet206
Generally, if the v-belt is required together with the timing set, the bearings and the circulation change (water pump) are certain parts, even if some services are not a problem in the circulation, I will definitely replace it. ..
08.05.2020 17:58 # 3
muratsandalci
I think that the circulation (water pump) should be replaced together with the timing. Because these two parts are more or less concurrently life. In addition, a change in the balls of the pump during the replacement of the triger can eat the pump after 10-15 days. The healthiest thing is to change all at once.
08.05.2020 17:58 # 4
mrtydnn
I will change it soon, something is stuck in my head, the list we have shown in the list where I showed the car is writing the timing kit, it is circulating, but is the v-belt not written, is this a pen in the v-belt timing set?
08.05.2020 17:58 # 5
Serkan
[QUOTE = mrtydnn] I will change the treadmill I am going to change soon, something on my head is written in the list where I showed the car, it says the timing kit is written in the circulation, but is the v-belt not written, is this a pen in the v-belt timing set? [/ QUOTE]

The V-belt is not related to the timing, it is the alternator belt, the belt that is exposed when you open the hood.

Appendix: Trger kit set consisting of belts and balls.
Serkan 2013-09-30 15:01:46
08.05.2020 17:58 # 6
samet206
[QUOTE = mrtydnn] I will change the treadmill I am going to change soon, something on my head is written in the list where I showed the car, it says the timing kit is written in the circulation, but is the v-belt not written, is this a pen in the v-belt timing set? [/ QUOTE]

The V-belt has nothing to do with the Timer, but since it is a cheap piece, I have changed it with the treadmill, it changes the state of the belt according to the user's wishes, the alternator belt is the charging belt next to the belt, and if it breaks, it should be replaced if it does not cause as much damage as the trianger. It is a piece completely independent from the triger It has nothing to do with the triger belt.
08.05.2020 17:58 # 7
cerci07
If you take the triger as a set, there will be necessary rumors. Also, it is useful to change the circulation v apricot.
08.05.2020 17:58 # 8
efesbright
First of all, thank you guys.

As far as I understand, with the timing change;

It will be in our best interest to replace the alternator belt (v-belt) and recirculation (water pump).

Well the authorized service gave me the price of around 1200tl timing change. When I said why it was so high, he said that we are changing all the belts circulation. I guess they're not doing anything extra except these, right? that is, is there any part that they replace extra except the timing set, circulation and alternator belt?

I hope that if there is a timing change in the authorized service, I can help with whatever I want.
08.05.2020 17:58 # 9
pusutr
timing set: 155tl
circulation: 75tl
alternator belt: 20 tl
workmanship: 200 TL
total: 450 tl.
08.05.2020 17:58 # 10
efesbright
Besides 1200, 450tl is nothing :)
08.05.2020 17:58 # 11
Serkan