Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

The sounds and burning smell coming uphill!

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:00 # 1
kayx

Hello

My car was a 1997 model peugeot boxer at 295,000 km yesterday, I started my car yesterday, the steering was both heavy and when I turned the steering wheel, there was a buzzing sound, then I looked, there was no steering fluid left, I immediately added it and the problem improved. suddenly there was a sound coming out of the hill, if it was to be described, it sounded like it had gone back in gear. I continued until the end of the hill until it went home. Sounds like metal rubbing from the engine came and there was a heavy smell of burn. The engine shuddered as if it was going to disband, I stopped the engine immediately, I'll take it to the service tomorrow, but I want to know if the problem is big. Thanks for your reply

08.05.2020 17:00 # 2
Guests
The printing pad may be finished. The print will smell of burn near the end of the pad.
08.05.2020 17:00 # 3
kayx
I had no chance to drive the vehicle today. But I'll take it tomorrow. I am sure that the problem is not related to the press pad and the smell of burn is not the smell of press pad. It seems to me like a belt problem, but the latest rubbing makes me think of sounds. Thank you for your ideas in advance.
08.05.2020 17:00 # 4
kayx
For those who wonder, the problem was that the v-belt was caused by the tensioner ball. While it was ready, I changed the v-belt and timing set. The sound of the vehicle was like the first day. & Nbsp;
08.05.2020 17:00 # 5
ByHack
I would say if I have a v-belt tensioner ball that the problem is solved :)
08.05.2020 17:00 # 6
istanbullu_3886
Get well soon
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”