Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

The parking brake is locked.

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 20:07 # 1
acabuco
Hello friends, good year first.

I came home, parked in the garage, pulled the parking brake yesterday, the night went up without losing its function until the top, it went up and down like a toy, then when I tried to move the car, I saw that the wheels remained locked in the back, then it was easy to move. the brake is at the bottom and it lifts very little, 1 or 2 clicks, but the rear wheels are locked, what should I do?

Is the car broken in the garage? If the wire is broken, can I solve it myself
08.05.2020 20:07 # 2
dejawu1978
I guess you have done freezing because of the cold and you have broken it with power ... I think it can be done but it is not worth it if you do it.
08.05.2020 20:07 # 3
acabuco
[QUOTE = dejawu1978] I guess you have done freezing because of the cold, I think it can be done ... but I think it is better if you have it done by a mechanic.

Sir, is the handbrake cable I broke?
08.05.2020 20:07 # 4
talip206
If it is frozen, you will wait for it to be resolved. There is nothing to do. If it is jammed and broken, try to loosen the parking brake. at least it takes you to the mechanic.
Switch to the back seat, there is a cover at the back of the plastic place with the hand brake, open it, remove the screw and remove the plastic part. The parking brake wire appears, there is nut loosen it and loosen the wire. talip206 2017-01-01 20:06:37
08.05.2020 20:07 # 5
acabuco
[QUOTE = talip206] If it is frozen, you will wait for it to be resolved. Nothing to do. If it is jammed and broken, try to loosen the parking brake. at least it takes you to the mechanic.
Switch to the back seat, there is a cover at the back of the plastic place with the hand brake, open it, remove the screw and remove the plastic part. The parking brake wire appears, there is nut loosen it and loosen the wire. [/ QUOTE]

I did not hesitate to cover it, I was likely to rent it, probably since 2005, there is no emergency, is there a pouf point teacher. I thought it would be frozen now, 24 hours passed
08.05.2020 20:07 # 6
talip206
http://forum.peugeotturkey.com/forum_posts.asp?tıd=16838
It is very easy to sting, actually examine the link I gave, the first photos do not open, but the next ones open.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”