Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

temperature indicator and fan

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 20:54 # 1
aliekber98
Good day for everyone, we parked when we traveled with the vehicle regardless of the distance, for example, when we start the ignition after 5-10 minutes, the temperature indicator does not fall until it moves between 100-110 or when we wait at fixed idle in traffic, it does not fall until the needle moves. When we stop, the fan is not working. Is this normal or is there anybody living before?
08.05.2020 20:54 # 2
Firat2534
Unfortunately, I have the same problem.
08.05.2020 20:54 # 3
talip206
It's a normal situation. When it stops, the circulation stops. The water remaining in the engine continues to increase with the temperature of the engine. The sensor senses the temperature too much. When it runs, it returns to normal as the circulation starts.
08.05.2020 20:54 # 4
aliekber98
[QUOTE = talip206] Normal state. When it stops, the circulation stops. The water remaining in the engine continues to increase with the temperature of the engine. The sensor senses the temperature too much. When it starts running, it returns to normal as the circulation starts. [/ QUOTE] I thought so, but in parked cars sometimes the fan keeps running even if you stop the engine to cool the heated engine. Wouldn't it be a problem if a stopping engine waits to cool down at 110 degrees on its own?
08.05.2020 20:54 # 5
boruc
The fan does not continue to operate when the ignition is switched off. It continues to work in some vehicles in the 206s, but even if it does not circulate, it can cool the water in the radiator, I think it is not very useful.

But if the temperature is between 100-100 when you start the vehicle, the fan should be activated and the temperature should begin to drop immediately. It happens to me.

For your peace of mind, check if the fan is engaged or not.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”