Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Strange sounds from the 206 engine part.

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 19:56 # 1
ardinal
Hello friends.
My vehicle has a 2008 model 206 1.4 hdi engine.

I took the engine first idle in the morning and videos of the incoming sounds. I would be glad if you review and report a problem / solution.
I have 3 questions.
1 - Is it normal for the engine to swing like this? I've used gasoline before, I don't know if this is normal?
2 - As you can see in the videos, the sound of the crank is very audible at 1000-2000 rpm, at low idle, as soon as the foot is pulled from the gas. When the cycle rises, the sound stops.
3 - There is also a sound like double humming sound apart from the engine sound. His video is a little long and extensive.

first start in the morning
[TUBE] cıworg6rnv the [/ TUBE]

neat 1
[TUBE] u2ckpfnzitg [/ TUBE]

neat 2
[TUBE] no49qhvlc the [/ TUBE]

hum - long video.
[TUBE] j2mjhnc-Z4Q [/ TUBE]

Ardinal 2016-08-24 15:09:38
08.05.2020 19:56 # 2
sonerkyl
first of all welcome. since when has this voice been? When was the last time the vehicle timing changed as if the valves were crashing or you jumped. the engine should not swing that much.
08.05.2020 19:56 # 3
ardinal
I liked it :) timing changed 20 thousand km ago. I have been aware for about 20 days. When I left it to the periodic maintenance, I told the master when I received this sound, I couldn't see anything. there is 5 thousand km for the next maintenance. no problem with traction. There is no problem with fuel, I am even very satisfied. 3.8 average. There is no traffic on my route and I always use it calmly.
Ardinal 2016-08-24 18:25:37
08.05.2020 19:56 # 4
ardinal
I have a guess, if there is a problem with the parts that keep the engine in place, could it be due to this? If you look at the video, it sounds when the vibration field is the highest. that is, when he takes his foot off the gas, the engine may be vibrating and rubbing somewhere. Likewise, the area of tremors is high at idle.
08.05.2020 19:56 # 5
xmen
Sir, check the wedges that hold the engine. The shaking is not normal because I had it in my vehicle.
08.05.2020 19:56 # 6
Vefa
I have the same shake, I have 206, he said to me that the swinging is from the thrusters, so I'm riding it. I just realized something, you have two bolts that connect the turbo to the engine, you don't have a nut in your place. If you install it, you will not waste the air entering the engine. I hope to inform you untma.
08.05.2020 19:56 # 7
ardinal
You call that right-hand nut on the top of that black lapel? If you say it, if I see the solid one since the first day of the car, then I will open that felt, nut. We were so tight: D

Of course, I'll put the developments here :)
08.05.2020 19:56 # 8
ardinal
Hello again. I took the vehicle to a peugeot special service that I have been regularly maintained. They looked, but they were unable to fully detect the problem with observations and minor tests. They asked me to disassemble a few parts of the engine and examine them in more detail and come on a less busy day. They had to spend more time with the vehicle for a proper job.
Engine shake was normal. The engine seemed to shake too much because the pipes were shaking too much due to the lack of punches holding the 2 pipes in front. This is the case for now.

I told you about jumping. He said there was no such problem. I said if it could be one of the valve thrusters, I said I have to take it out. Next time I will make an appointment and go.

Meanwhile, I am still waiting for an answer from those with an idea and experience.
08.05.2020 19:56 # 9
fthusl
the same sound exists in my vehicle too little at first, then it was comed sometimes it happens sometimes it does not happen when it gets on the gas as if a piece of cloth is blowing in the wind. I asked the master, he said that one of the springs in the lifter adjusting the sibob setting or he is not doing a few tasks. I will write the car to the master tomorrow evening and the cost of it. Changed, of course, there is a gap and balance in these pieces.

08.05.2020 19:56 # 10
fthusl
lifter set of the vehicle changed 100 TL minor maintenance etc. were done 100 TL labor was given sound no problem no problem was fixed.
08.05.2020 19:56 # 11
sonerkyl
hmm lifter (valve) repulsion after your change, I'm glad your problem is resolved
08.05.2020 19:56 # 12
ardinal
I am very glad to solve it. There is a possibility that the vehicle has the same problem. Unfortunately, I could not go to have it checked for economic reasons. I will go at the beginning of the month in ours :)
In the meantime, I applied a very nice cover to the steering wheel. I will open the subject soon :)
08.05.2020 19:56 # 13
ardinal
Today I went to the industry to buy a light bulb. One short burst. I said let me listen to the sound of a water splash while I was ready. 2 masters could not find. They were very knocked on, they were interested. Then I went to the master who could not finish ove ove, solving the malfunction of our lancer 2 weeks ago, even to my father for the lancer, like a motor watch, no defect, let's put it to the test if you want 100 liras, put it to the test and refresh my father's heart. Lancera has been 100k km since its first day. My dad is still concerned about the lpg. Fortunately, the room was relieved :)
He found the problem for my car. Also 1 minute after opening the hood. Fuel filter not fully seated. He said he did not want to pay for his son and he made a passenger. :) I will observe the vehicle again, of course, I will share the clearer answer in the coming days. Ardinal 2016-10-22 21:58:00
08.05.2020 19:56 # 14
ardinal
The problem continued, but it was resolved. EGR valve changed. Finally the correct diagnosis was made :)
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”