Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Stopping at idle for a long time, not working again

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 20:27 # 1
ersinyildiz

Hello, we are together in another breakdown :)

For the wedding, I have been using the vehicle very intensively for the last few months. I used the tool to distribute invitations when the weather was hot in the past days. Therefore, we made a lot of stop-and-go and often stopped and restarted. So far there is no problem. But when I started the starter after 1 hour like this, I saw that some warning lights were on (abs, airbag etc.) but they went out after starting.

Finally, I left the vehicle at idle where we last stopped, whatever happened in the meantime. I noticed that the cycle had fallen with the misfire sound in the engine, it was almost falling to a halt. I closed it myself so that it would not stop. Then when I start again, the starter motor tries to move a little, but in no way does it start. Meanwhile, the indicators were cut off. I hit it and kept running, it did not cause any trouble for 2 days, then stopped at idle again. He did not receive an anthem on the first try, but on the second.

As such, I took the vehicle to the master to have 10,000 maintenance, which had not arrived. Oil, filters and spark plugs have changed. We cleaned the throttle and idle engine. When I say that it has passed, it started to kick off at the end of a similar use and again at idle, I was able to prevent it from stopping by giving gas.

All this is just idling, guys, there is no problem when driving.

What would be more correct here?

Additional information: While we connected the vehicle to the computer, it just wrote an error like "intake manifold air adaptation" as an error, there was no other problem.

In addition, some mornings the car is running on the 3rd starter, I am not sure if this may have something to do with it.

I would be glad if those who have an idea or have had similar problems indicate their opinion. Have a good drive.
08.05.2020 20:27 # 2
ersinyildiz
The other day, he did it again in congested traffic, I stayed in very heavy traffic for 20 minutes, the air conditioner was on level 1, stopped when he got up, and then the starter was not as if the battery was exhausted. Doesn't anyone have an idea?
08.05.2020 20:27 # 3
boruc
I think the alternator and battery should be checked.

There may be a situation that it cannot charge the battery. Can't produce enough electricity when running at low speed in idling
08.05.2020 20:27 # 4
sonerkyl
As our friend said, measure the charge dynamo and if it gives the error that the intake manifold does not fit. Replace or clean the air pressure sensor.
08.05.2020 20:27 # 5
talip206
[QUOTE = boruc] I think you have the alternator and battery checked.

There may be a situation that it cannot charge the battery. Cannot produce enough electricity when running at low speed in idling [/ QUOTE]
Exactly I agree either with the battery or the charger
08.05.2020 20:27 # 6
ersinyildiz
[QUOTE = sonerkyl] as our friend says, measure the charge dynamo and if it gives the error that the intake manifold does not fit. Replace or clean the air pressure sensor. [/ QUOTE]

There was this mistake in the last maintenance, Soner, the master did not care much, as you said I will change it.

[QUOTE = talip206] [QUOTE = boruc] Check the alternator and the battery, I think.

There may be a situation that it cannot charge the battery. Cannot produce enough electricity when running at low speed in idling [/ QUOTE]
Exactly I agree either with the battery or the charger [/ QUOTE]

Alternator could not have some kind of stitches after the repair, as you said, you need to check both of them.

Thanks a lot, I'll write the result here again.

Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”