Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Sports Air Filter Guide

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODIFIED PLATFORM » Modification and Tuning Information
08.05.2020 19:15 # 1
GokhaN
After I liked the Rim - Tire article, I decided to write a sports air filter article. As far as I know and apply, I will try to write again in the form of question and answer.
What is Sports Air Filter?
Sports air filter; These are 2 types of filters, which are produced to add more oxygen to your vehicle by taking more oxygen than your classic air filter. Types are about to be in-box and open air filter. What is known as a box is usually those that use as a kit, and the other kind is to be replaced instead of a classic air filter. / div>
The open air filter is prepared to increase performance by increasing oxygen flow. It is generally in the form of a cocoon, and I generally recommend sponge ones, not standard ones. (Easy to clean and has a long life)
Benefits It increases the oxygen flow. - When the vehicle is placed in the proper place with a pipe suitable for the vehicle, it contributes to the performance. gif "border =" 0 "alt =" Smile "title =" Smile "/>)
Losses
- Open air filters increase vehicle noise more than kit or in-box sports filters. If your sound insulation is not good, it will be tormented after your taste is over. - Increases the fuel. >
What are the benefits and harms of the filters sold in the box and as a kit? (This is my opinion, I am not a motor modification master) and if the oxygen is adjusted to the correctness of the place to take, it is the formula that will give the vehicle the most performance.
Benefits
- Brings the oxygen flow to the maximum level. - The filter's dirt retention rate decreases. . - It makes the engine sound a little more provocative.
- It does not shout if you do not press the gas too much, as it does not look like an exhaust, it also makes the possibility of punishment in traffic.
- It gives your car extra performance
Damages are the same as the open air filter , but let me write it again.
- Open air filters increase the vehicle's noise more than the kit or in-box sports filters. If your sound insulation is not good, it turns to grind after your taste is over. - Increases the fuel.

1.4 does not benefit performance in vehicles, it gives pleasure as engine sound.
1.6 or higher vehicles contribute performance to some extent. Turbo contributes to performance in gasoline vehicles. I think it can be increased up to 8-10 hp when the turbo is installed at the most suitable point.

Why did I install an air filter on my vehicle so fast? It is one of the trips that occurs. However, it is completely psychological and it is because you press more on gas. When the fuel increases, the car is thought to be normal.
Generally, our vehicles are 1.4 and 1.6 turbo-free vehicles and they have rims larger than the original size. So don't expect too much.
Does the sports air filter burn a little?

I do not believe the possibility of burning the car less in the increase caused by burning more oxygen and gasoline. According to my previous experience, if you don't print the same burns room at the most impossible. It is a word entirely said with a clerk mouth.
Which filter should I install in my vehicle?
If there is a suitable kit for your vehicle, I recommend you choose it, if not, a pipe that will provide the air flow towards someone who understands this job. I recommend you to have it installed and put it on the most comfortable place. Do not plug it directly into the throat.
What happens if I put the air filter into the throat? consult.

Should I choose my classic cocoon filters, my sponge filter?
I believe sponge filters sound better and contribute to performance. It is easy to clean, you can wash it with water and let it dry after drying it.
Which brand should I choose?
There are usually kits of simotan. I would recommend you to use familiar brands such as Simota, K&N and Raid Hp in the market. Since our sound insulation is already bad, I would recommend those who want sound to wear a sports air filter rather than wearing an exhaust. (Less head irons, it won't bother you if you don't press the gas too much.) Your fuel increases, there is not much we can do about it. If you are enthusiastic, you can take it off, take it off, then disassemble it, but after disassembling, do not wait for it to burn as little as before.
If I do not understand the information at an advanced level, it is my humble advice.
All writing belongs to me, it cannot be used without permission.

Note: In my next article, sports will be about springs and sports shock absorbers.
GökhaN2015-05-01 17:25:26
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”