Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

spare tyre

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 14:12 # 1
ErolSen
It took about 1 year to buy my car, but I never disassembled and checked the spare tire. I said I should take a rip off and look at the air recently, but there is a screw in the trunk that loosens the spring. Do you need something like a special stud for this screw? Does the jack stand under the vehicle with the wheel wrench spare tire?
08.05.2020 14:12 # 2
Onur
opening with the back of the wheel wrench
08.05.2020 14:12 # 3
ErolSen
Unhappy I don't have a wheel wrench, these wrenches are probably not standard. Do you have any number of these keys?
08.05.2020 14:12 # 4
FTH
The center of the bolt that holds my 106 is empty, so it can be opened easily with a thick flat screwdriver.
Meanwhile, only the jack stands inside the spare tire.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 5
Onur
the bolt key has two compartments right where the lock is in the trunk, it should be on the right side, or it would be useful if a tire explodes.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 6
ErolSen
thank you guys This information was useful.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 7
BurcUMUL
I am a 2002 model GTI user. The spare wheel is not fixed in the lower basket where the spare wheel is located. No matter how much I tighten the screw in the trunk, it makes a sound if it is loose and bad. Is there an apparatus to fix this or do I need to fix it with the help of a wedge? . I would be glad if anyone gives information.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 8
fourus_06
sometimes it does not fit properly when the tire size is different. If it is tightening the screw, I recommend you change the tire position and try again.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 9
BurcUMUL
[QUOTE = fourus_06] sometimes does not fit properly when the tire size is different. If it is tightening the screw, I recommend you to change the tire position and try again. [/ QUOTE]
I tried a few times as you say, but the result is the same. I tightened it by putting polyfoam on the upper part of the spare wheel. It didn't seem very aesthetic to me, but I will continue this way until I find a permanent solution.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”