Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Should the gear go to waste or not

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:48 # 1
cocomo
friends, there is a lot of contradictory information about fuel consumption.

when we go down the ramp, we burn less if we go down, or if we go in gear but without going into the gas, we burn less ??

I would like to discuss this not in terms of hearsay, but in terms of logic ...
08.05.2020 17:48 # 2
Serkan
This issue has been discussed long ago. Ultimately, there is very little consumption near idle in CARBURETTOR vehicles because the system is based entirely on a mechanical structure and operating system. In SINGLE / MULTI / DIRECT SPRAY (INJECTION) vehicles, the consumption is really zero because the injector (s) are electronically controlled and the ECU automatically adjusts the required amount of fuel in situations such as the vehicle's gravity speed, slowing, and climbing. For this reason, if you go in gear during the landings, you can send the road power that comes from gravity to the crankshaft of the engine, and therefore the engine is sent to the cylinders by spraying to rotate it, it is detonated by the spark of the spark plug and turned into a rotating motion with a piston, mechanical up-down and connecting rod / crank combination. gasoline is also not sprayed because it does not need it. If you land in the IDLE with the vehicle with both fuel supply systems, the engine consumes as much fuel as it spends at idle since it will turn at idle. However, if you put it in gear and press the accelerator during descents, this time the fuel supply system uses both the road power and the speed above the speed created by the gas engine brake consumes as much fuel as is needed. You can see all these detailed information in detail on the screen of your advanced way.
08.05.2020 17:48 # 3
fexzi
Shifting the gear out of the vehicle will dislodge the fuel valves. If it is in gear, it consumes as much as its revolutions, while going downhill, it will reset the fuel.
The name of this system is CUT OFF tour, you can search from the net.
08.05.2020 17:48 # 4
volkanC2
previously, this issue was opened in gear, consumption falls to zero even there was a video
08.05.2020 17:48 # 5
Burak
This can be proven in vehicles with road computer that saves fuel without being in gear and pressing the gas. Burak044 2013-07-20 00:05:17
08.05.2020 17:48 # 6
cocomo
I mean, with the 2005 partner, I'm going to go downhill, get off the gear and consume less fuel?

What if I get off with engine braking, for example? one gear lower than it should be. road and speed actually require 3rd gear, but I'm going down the ramp with 2nd gear. the cycle was 2000, it was 2500. then the same is valid?
08.05.2020 17:48 # 7
Gokhan Cetin
[QUOTE = cocomo] so I am going to consume less fuel with my 2005 partner by pulling downhill gas and going down in gear?

What if I get off with engine braking, for example? one gear lower than it should be. road and speed actually require 3rd gear, but I'm going down the ramp with 2nd gear. the cycle was 2000, it was 2500. then the same is valid?
[/ QUOTE]
yes it does not consume anyway
08.05.2020 17:48 # 8
Can Oksuz
They did an experiment on this on the discovery channel a couple of years ago. so at least that's it since I watched the program.

A special fuel tank was built for the vehicle. There is also fuel around 5 liters. touring the track. It is recorded how many turns it takes until the fuel runs out completely.

It turns at a constant speed of -20km the first time. this is the first experiment to see if it will burn less at low speed.
-then continues in vain.
- lastly, driving at a higher speed, still at a higher speed.

It travels almost the same range on the 1st and 3rd times. but when traveling idle, less range is covered. which means we burn more when idle.
08.05.2020 17:48 # 9
emre koksal
and when the gear is wasted, you will wear out the pressure pad very quickly ...
08.05.2020 17:48 # 10
cocomo
according to my logic, for example,
we go downhill downhill, when we start to climb uphill at the end of the hill, we shift into gear and load on the gas.

When you think about it, the turnover and propeller of that turbo is suddenly silent, and when it is shifted, it turns over. We must be hurting a sensitive mechanism like a turbo.
08.05.2020 17:48 # 11
Alicilik
[QUOTE = cocomo] according to my logic, for example,
we go downhill downhill, when we start to climb uphill at the end of the hill, we shift into gear and load on the gas.

When you think about it, the turnover and propeller of that turbo is suddenly silent, and when it is shifted, it turns over. We must be hurting a sensitive mechanism like a turbo.
[/ QUOTE]

Unless you stop and there is no mechanical problem, the oil pressure and the turbine will not stop suddenly when you cycle. It stops by slowing down. If it does, the turbocharger will also be damaged when changing gear. The helical giggle is officially when Heleki throws the second gear 3e in 3000 and loaded.

It is always good to be in gear when going downhill. You use the engine brake, you increase the usage time of the brakes to a certain extent and you also provide fuel economy with the Cut-Off system in Injection vehicles. I talked a lot with my grandfather about this, he is from old drivers, but he still works with carburetor engines, so I could not teach the use of diesel engine's helene new generation commonrail turbo diesel.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”