Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

self-leveling of the odometer

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
06.06.2021 15:47 # 1
Saleeh
Hello,

The engine of our 2008 model Partner Adventure vehicle, which my father used, was washed in the car hairdresser process, then we encountered the problem of the vehicle not working. After waiting like that for 1-2 days (battery terminals were removed and installed), it was taken to a service and we got the answer that the brain needs to be changed. A dating brain came and got stuck, but when it didn't work with it, we sent that brain back. After a few days, it became clear that there was a problem with the injection and the car started.

When we started the vehicle and took a tour, we noticed that the mileage of the vehicle increased from 167,000 to 267k, interestingly. In some forums, it was written that such a problem could occur when the indicator was changed, but the indicator did not change.
We encountered such an incident just at the time we were considering changing the vehicle, I don't want to reduce km, I just want it to come back to its old km. I am waiting for the comments of friends who have comments on why this may happen.

07.06.2021 14:51 # 2
sonerkyl
Hello, I think this problem is probably caused by the brain installed later. The engine is washed, but such problems occur when it is done by such unskilled places. Get well soon. However, in auto electronics, it is necessary to manually enter the process into the brain.
07.06.2021 15:04 # 3
Saleeh

yes, probably the mileage information of the newly installed brain was left on the vehicle. Actually, we only wanted to wash the inside and outside. Since it is familiar, we also washed the engine as a gesture. Is there a place in Ankara that you would recommend where I can have the procedure you mentioned?
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”