Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Rim painting

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODIFIED PLATFORM » General
08.05.2020 20:15 # 1
CVT
I want to paint my 14 inch 106 gti wheels. Are there any experienced people who have painted their own rims? I am thinking of painting with spray paint. They want 300-400 TL for professional painting. If I put 300 more on top, I buy 0 wheels.
08.05.2020 20:15 # 2
samet206
One of my friends had done rim painting, I witnessed rim painting, but there is no visual in my hand, but it was a nice job for me. First of all there are sizes sold as rim paint. It was taken as paint. There was no tire in the rims, it was sanded beautifully, then two coats were inside, 3 coats were painted from the outside. A few days later, he said that he made watery sandpaper and paste polish, and it was really perfect, for me, only the process I mentioned was made to zero rims for color change, if they have bumps, dents, scratches on the edges, they do not have paste or something.
08.05.2020 20:15 # 3
Gokcesel
There is a lot of information available on the Internet, there are people who are doing rim painting

Personally, I will paint my painters to remove the sidewalk rubbing of the summer wheels and to change the hue. He asked for a fee of 250 lira for 18 ".
08.05.2020 20:15 # 4
OguzhanKucuk61
If there are any deformations in the rim that are broken or scratched, it will not be noticed if it is painted without correction. Want to change the color? Or is the painting purpose intended for cleaning?
Painting with spray paint requires some effort. You have to wear the surface to be painted with fine water sandpaper and then apply a primer. You will apply the paint of any type and color on the primer and apply the last matt or glossy spray varnish. But it is such a long life.
I painted my wheel covers. With spray paint suitable for plastic surfaces that do not require primer. It was more durable than other spray paints, but still did not give what I wanted. It was poured over time.
In my opinion, instead of enduring all these troubles, you can get the color you want with plasti-dip spray. It is applied like spray paint. After drying, it becomes like a matte foil. If you don't like it, you can disassemble it later. oguzhankucuk61 2017-03-23 00:52:33
08.05.2020 20:15 # 5
CVT
[QUOTE = samet206] One of my friends had done the rim painting, I witnessed rim painting, but there is no visual in my hand, but it was a nice job for me.Firstly there are sizes sold as rim paint, this paint was bought. Only 2 layers of varnish was applied from the outside. A few days later he said that he made watery sandpaper and paste polish, and it was really perfect, for me, the process I was talking about was made to zero rims for color change, if there were bumps, dents, scratches on the edges, they were making paste in this regard. I have no knowledge.
[/ QUOTE]
I want to paint the same color that I will not change color. There are fine lines, I want them to go and my purpose
08.05.2020 20:15 # 6
samet206
If the scratches are thin, maybe it will disappear during sanding. But the only thing that will be known for the crushed ones is the paste. It can be used in the primer to prevent the process done according to the type of paint to go to the trash.
08.05.2020 20:15 # 7
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = samet206] If the scratches are thin, maybe it will disappear during sanding. But the only thing that will be known for the crushers is putty. It will be necessary to use paste, it does not have any difficulties, it is done by making a mixture of hardener and putty. Direct paint was thrown. It can be used in the liner to prevent the process done according to the type of paint used. If the color will not change, you can only handle it even on the outer tires. Sanding-putty-sanding-liner-paint-varnish-water sanding-paste polish, I know this way.
[/ QUOTE]

Thank you for completing the shortcomings.
08.05.2020 20:15 # 8
samet206
No, my teacher, Estafurullah, I wrote the things I know in detail because he responded to the subject's owner.
08.05.2020 20:15 # 9
Oktkor
If we make a colored wheel, will we be attached to the police?
08.05.2020 20:15 # 10
CVT
[QUOTE = samet206] If the scratches are thin, maybe it will disappear during sanding. But the only thing that will be known for the crushers is putty. It will be necessary to use paste, it does not have any difficulties, it is done by making a mixture of hardener and putty. Direct paint was thrown. It can be used in the liner to prevent the process done according to the type of paint used. If the color will not change, you can only handle it even on the outer tires. Sanding-putty-sanding-liner-paint-varnish-water sanding-paste polish, I know this way.
[/ QUOTE] I will apply what you say, thank you very much, because the front 2 wheels are summer tires, I will try to paint them on the back of them.
08.05.2020 20:15 # 11
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = Oktkor] Should we make a colored rim, would we get caught by the police? [/ QUOTE]

You can't open your mouth if you make a rainbow :)
08.05.2020 20:15 # 12
Oktkor
[QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] [QUOTE = Oktkor] If we make a colored rim, do we get stuck with the police? [/ QUOTE]

You can't open your mouth if you make a rainbow brother))) [/ QUOTE]

I trust you. I'll paint tomorrow :)
08.05.2020 20:15 # 13
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = Oktkor] [QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] [QUOTE = Oktkor] If we make a colored rim, do we get stuck with the police? [/ QUOTE]

I trust you. I'll paint tomorrow :) [/ QUOTE]

Thank you brother, what color will you make?
08.05.2020 20:15 # 14
Oktkor
[QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] [QUOTE = Oktkor] [QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] [QUOTE = Oktkor] Should we be attached to the police if we make colored wheels? [/ QUOTE]

Thank you brother, what color will you make? [/ QUOTE]

Red black White :)
08.05.2020 20:15 # 15
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = Oktkor] [QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] [QUOTE = Oktkor] [QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] [QUOTE = Oktkor] Shall we get stuck in the police? [/ QUOTE]

Thank you brother, what color will you make? [/ QUOTE]

Red black White :) [/ QUOTE]

Good luck brother, we want a photo :))
08.05.2020 20:15 # 16
Oktkor
I will take a selfie with the police in the police flip :)
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”