Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Peugeot 3008 torque converter transmission oil change

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 3008 (2009-2015)
05.04.2022 12:28 # 1
ibanezjs1200
Hello. I want to change the transmission oil of my Peugeot 3008 2015 model 1.6 blue-hdi euro6 eat6. There is no problem with the transmission at the moment. I want a maintenance change. My car has a torque converter fully automatic transmission. My vehicle is currently at 126 thousand kilometers and I do not know if any oil changes have been made in the past. Some masters say that oil is for life. Some change the oil without a machine, but in this way, there is no complete change. The old and new oil are mixed. There are also machine systems. Completely old oil is cleaned from the system and new oil is put in. Some masters claim that the system without the machine is better. They say that in this way, problems such as knocking after the change will be less. Some masters say that the machine system is the least problematic.
Has anyone changed the transmission oil and had a problem with these vehicles? Because it is 126 thousand km, people inevitably get scared. I think gearbox related problems will cost very high prices. If there is a problem such as knocking after the change, how is this problem solved?
How much transmission oil is needed in these vehicles? How can we access this information? I couldn't see it in the booklets etc.
I asked a lot of questions and I know it's long. Good luck to everyone.
07.04.2022 15:41 # 2
sonerkyl
Hello sir. I researched and it says in the booklet that there is no need for maintenance or replacement. a quoted topic from other sites.

Yes, new information about oil, I met the authorized service DENİZ auto service manager. Eat6 and Eat8 also said that there was no transmission oil change, only if it was less, it was added. It showed me the periodic change list sent from France, no oil change.

Later at 120k to me I stopped by MEPA who said they are changing the oil. This time they said the same thing, no change. They also showed the same table.

07.04.2022 16:19 # 3
ibanezjs1200
Hi. Yes, authorized services say so. But the gearbox is aisin brand. That is Japanese made. They say that Aisin brand recommends oil change. (I read from other correspondences on the internet.)
Authorized service says lifetime, but in fact, I don't know, maybe 10 years or 200 thousand km. For someone living abroad, it will probably cost less to buy a new transmission and replace it. I think they don't bother to get it repaired and buy a new one when it expires. But in the conditions of Turkey, when the prices are high, we have to have it repaired or I think it is necessary to have it well maintained.
11.04.2022 17:04 # 4
sonerkyl
I've done a lot of research, my teacher neither abroad nor, as we said, does not recommend change unless there is a reduction. Aisin produces different types of gearboxes for many brands. Even the types of gearboxes change within themselves. But unfortunately I did not find any information about the oil change period.
21.04.2022 19:49 # 5
ibanezjs1200
I had an oil change done with eurorepar fp automotive motul device in Maslak today morning. I didn't have any problems after the change. The oil that came out was pitch black.
09.03.2023 16:47 # 6
Saido26
Guys, I would like to correct a misconception. The lifetime perception of automobile brands is not the same as our lifetime perception. The lifetime of automobile manufacturers means 10 years / 150000 km. However, we expect longer life from our vehicles.
For a car that is expected to end its life after 150k km, it may be unreasonable to change the Transmission oil. However, in Turkish conditions, the transmission oil should be changed at least every 60000 km for cars that exceed 200 300 k.
I think the ``maintenance-free'' rhetoric of automakers and dealers is part of a planned obsolescence.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”