Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

peugeot 206 temp and stop problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
03.04.2022 13:17 # 1
Ferhatglr
Hello.
My vehicle is 206 xr 2001 model
I am waiting for your help if anyone has information about the problem I am experiencing.
When I go on a long journey with my vehicle or when I go to places such as highways, the temperature indicator is shown every 40 minutes on average. it rises suddenly and naturally the stop warning comes on.
But the temperature is the minimum on the normal road in the city, and the maximum temperature in the traffic.
So the problem occurs when you go 30 40 minutes without cutting the gas.< /div>
I pull over in case of a warning. The engine temperature is normal enough to touch and even at a level to open the water cap. Even the fan does not turn on because the temperature does not increase. In normal city, when the temperature is at medium level, when I park, I see that the fan is working. I think there is no problem with the display.
Masters say there is no such thing, I am tired of changing parts. Most masters don't understand anything, they change parts anyway. Frankly, I'm tired of throwing money into the air.
There is an electrical problem in some forums, but the exact cause is not written.
I am waiting for your support if anyone has knowledge and experience. Thank you.
12.04.2022 19:25 # 2
Ferhatglr
Isn't there someone who knows the solution to the problem?
13.04.2022 02:24 # 3
ByYlmzZz
I had the same situation recently. My car was overheating like normal when it was handled, but actually it was overheating. The fan was not working in the 2nd stage. I looked at the whole cooling system (relay, circulation, air, hose, thermostat, etc.) but I could not solve it. There is no problem in the city, but In fixed highway driving, the temperature was suddenly coming to the top, the temperature was coming down somewhere and when I took my foot off the gas, the temperature dropped rapidly.. I changed it with the thought that there was a problem with my thermostat. I installed a resistor even if it is a sub-industry and I don't have such a problem anymore.
13.04.2022 06:48 # 4
KaraKurba
The fan resistor keeps the fan running at low speed. I don't think it will overheat due to the resistor failure. If there is rust and dirt in the cooling system, this will reduce the cooling performance. In addition, sludge accumulates on the outside of the cooling radiator, which reduces cooling performance. These should be paid attention to. I can fix it if you want.
13.04.2022 12:59 # 5
Ferhatglr
Thanks guys
According to what you said, I will go to the master and try to find a solution again
13.04.2022 23:13 # 6
uslu01
First of all, get well soon, my master, I encountered a similar problem in 2019. My car is 206. We changed a lot of parts, we struggled a lot, and the last time the brain was changed, the problem was solved. In my problem, the liar was overheated, so when I was going normally, the temperature in the car was peaking and I was getting a stop warning.. The brain changed and The problem is gone.. I thought I'd write it in case it helps.
14.04.2022 13:03 # 7
Ferhatglr
thank you sir, if the others do not exist, I will do as you say.
14.04.2022 15:00 # 8
KaraKurba
uslu01's answer may be correct. It is fully consistent with your complaint. The engine may not be really overheating.
15.04.2022 03:03 # 9
ByYlmzZz

Sir, the fan resistor is the part that gives the command to both stages of the fan.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”