Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Peugeot 206 Starter Problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
10.10.2021 16:55 # 1
SelahattinER
Hello. I have a Peugeot 206 X-DESIGN 2004 model vehicle. I have a problem that has happened to me twice and cannot solve it. The problem starts when the car starts running for a few seconds and then stops. When I start the car again, it runs smoothly and does not cause any more problems during the day, except for exceptional cases. After continuing in this way for a while, the vehicle is no longer starting at all. After turning the ignition, the indicators, the tape recorder are activated, the ignition is CIT, but the car does not start at all. When this happened for the first time, the starter said that the coals needed to be changed and changed it. After working for a month without any problems, the vehicle gradually started starting problems as I explained at the beginning, and eventually it came to a point where it would not start. The battery indicator that lights up when I turn the ignition does not go out when I turn it to start. I checked the battery cables and I didn't see any problems that caught my eye. I'm asking for help from those who have experience with this. Thank you
10.10.2021 23:10 # 2
sozuak
If it clicks and stays at this time and the indicator lights do not go out completely, the starter solenoid or starter motor is faulty. The job does not end with the change of coal, the table carrying the coals can also be problematic.
If you click and all the lights go out, the battery is dead.

Normally, the battery light, that is, the charging light, does not go out until the engine starts on its own.
If your starter motor is in an easily accessible place, take it to another dynamo, starter motor repair place. Even if you remove it, do not do anything without removing the battery positive end first.

The other thing is that if your cam sensor is faulty, the vehicle will not start even if you start it.

If somehow you can start the car manually, I say pull it directly in front of a place that does dynamo work and show the problem.

There are two wires on the starter motor. . The supply from the thick battery is the switching tip coming to the starter solenoid.

If there is a contact problem, hit the starter motor and the solenoid with a hard object while someone is starting to understand it. What if he gets an anthem.

11.10.2021 01:04 # 3
SelahattinER
I tried hitting the car and I was able to start it. The interesting thing is that the headlights turned on even though they were turned off. Even if I turned the headlight lever on and off again, it did not go out. While I was driving, there were cracking sounds from the fuse section under the steering wheel a few times, so I took it to the industry, I will wait for tomorrow. I could not understand whether a chassis situation caused by the electrical components will cause this problem or if the vehicle starts by knocking while the starter dynamo is faulty. I will share the results.
11.10.2021 15:15 # 4
sozuak
If there is a problem with your battery, if the voltage drops too low at the time of start-up, the headlights etc. will be confused by the bsi who does the control work.

When the starter motor is not engaged, it is mechanically and electrically separated from the engine. Of course, in manual vehicles, if the ignition is on at the 2nd stage and there is no other serious problem, the engine will start.

Don't forget to have your battery checked at the battery. Maybe you ran out of the battery due to a malfunction, so it couldn't be charged.

Those clicking sounds are caused by the relays inside the bsi.

Get well soon, I hope it costs cheap.
14.10.2021 13:31 # 5
Umutsimsek
First of all, I recommend you to look at the cables on the starter that goes to the starter dynamo, if it is loose, it may cause the problem you said, and remove the sockets in the brain by removing the battery terminal. If there is oxidation there, clean it with the help of a lining spray and a toothbrush, I hope your problem will be fixed. have a nice day.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”