Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Peugeot 206 overheating problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
13.04.2021 20:33 # 1
emreyalcin648
Hello esteemed forum members
206 1.4 xline vehicle has an overheating problem, the temperature suddenly goes up to 120 and immediately drops to 90.A forum member said 10 months ago that the fan roles had made oxide, I disassembled the oxide myself and cleaned the oxide for 10 months, I changed the fan roles last I took two masters to the master and changed the cable of the sensor and it doesn't work anymore while using the vehicle, but it happens when the vehicle is idling, in short, when the vehicle fan is turned on, I have such a problem. They said that if I change the residence or the recirculation around me, I have just changed both of the fan roles.I have just changed both of the fan roles. Form members, thank you in advance for your information.

17.04.2021 19:02 # 2
talip206
Change the fan resistance, sir. It is not a very expensive item. The location is also close to the area where there are relays in the easy place. It probably makes it. talip206 2021-04-17 19:04:29
17.04.2021 19:45 # 3
emreyalcin648
God bless you, my suitor, you have helped before.
28.04.2021 10:20 # 4
emreyalcin648
Problem solved, dear forum members, I ordered the fan resistor today. I removed the old one on the left side of the fan and installed the new one. I waited for the car to start and turn on the fan, and it is not overheating anymore, thanks to the valuable knowledge of the suitor, the person who suffers the same problem is either from the roles or from the fan resistors.
01.05.2021 15:17 # 5
talip206
Come on, most masters do not allow roles and resistance. In fact, if he is not a peugeot master, he does not even know where he is. They usually turn to the temperature sensor, the thermostat and the recirculation.
In a place suitable for oxidation due to its role and resistance position. That's why it causes a lot of trouble. Fortunately cheap parts.
22.05.2021 03:56 # 6
Sahnank
Hello, my teacher aspirant
2014 My C elysee vehicle lights up the service and engine fault lamp, it says engine failure, have the vehicle repaired, I took it to the master on the screen, I took it to the mechanic, changed the circuit breaker, about 50-60 km, no problem, then it repeated again and the vehicle constantly turns on a loud fan and does not turn off, but the pole I'm stopping it by removing its head. Can you share your information about it?
22.05.2021 14:09 # 7
talip206
Sir, it seems like your problem is not related to temperature. Since the motor is self-protecting, it turns on the fans at the last stage. It is necessary to connect it to an original device and look at the error code.
22.05.2021 14:17 # 8
Sahnank
Sir, is there a well-known place you can direct me to, should I go to the brain shop? I bought the car yesterday, it didn't cause any problems, I came home, it gave the fault while parking, before the fan started to work very loudly on the road, it could be heard clearly from inside. I parked the car, the fan didn't turn off, I disconnected the terminal before, when I plugged the terminal, the fan was working directly. We connected it to the master's computer, it didn't make any mistakes, the master was not an electrician, but a mechanic, but I could do this much, but nothing seems to be seen for now, he said, the fan resistance was changed with the thermostat switch. What do you recommend for next time? What should I do?
22.05.2021 14:23 # 9
talip206
Where is your location, sir, which city? If you go to a place that has a Peugeot citroen original device, they will solve the problem immediately.
As I said, turning on the fan is not a cause, it is a precaution taken by the engine because it is protected.
22.05.2021 14:24 # 10
Sahnank
I'm in Ankara, my master
22.05.2021 14:36 # 11
talip206
Our forum moderator, Soner, generally recommends mas peugeot. Maybe this is the link.
22.05.2021 14:42 # 12
Sahnank
Thank you. We made an appointment for Monday.
23.05.2021 18:39 # 13
nistelrooy
Hi. I have a 2006 1.4 automatic xdesign Peugeot 206. The temperature gauge of the vehicle is constantly making sudden ups and downs. The distance between home and work is 4km, for example, while coming home from work in the evening, the stop warning lights up 4 times, the temperature reaches the end, then it drops quickly on its own. In this process, we do not make heat alone. I don't care anymore, I don't stop, I continue to use it. I also noticed that the car is in the garage at home and does not see the sun. Even if I go a distance of 10 km, it does not do it until I go, but when I stay under the sun until the evening at my workplace, it rises and falls 4 times until I come home. The master looked at the indicator and said that there was no problem, the temperature manager changed, he changed the role twice. You experienced friends, I wonder why there might be a problem? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
23.05.2021 19:40 # 14
talip206
Your problem is either the fan relay or the fan resistance
Do not use it that long, it will go as far as burning the gasket.
When one of the fan stages does not work, the ecu relay and the resistance are disabled and the 2nd stage fan is directly It hurts. When that happens, the temperature drops again. This cycle continues.
Even if the relay is solid, the end of the thick cable entering the relay melts from the inside by making oxide. The cable looks solid from the outside but is broken inside. Have the cables checked.
Another possibility is fan resistance. Replace not an expensive part.
23.05.2021 19:57 # 15
nistelrooy

Thank you very much, I will have a look at what you said at the first opportunity, and I will write the result here.
23.05.2021 20:03 # 16
nistelrooy
At one time, Mr. Talip said that there may be a problem in the master brain, but it cannot be known without opening it. Maybe, do you think there is a need to have the brain handled?
25.05.2021 21:05 # 17
talip206
In case of failure, it goes from simple to difficult, from cheap to expensive. Checking the relay cable is a 5 minute job, and the fan resistor is a very cheap part. Never touch the brain
The inside of the ecun, which we call the brain, is covered with a silicon-like substance and unfortunately it cannot be repaired.
It is solved only if there is a problem in the socket part.
25.05.2021 21:13 # 18
nistelrooy
Hello Mr. Talip. Today I delivered the vehicle to a master who previously worked at Peugeot. As you said, it comes by checking from cheap to expensive, resistance role indicator fuse etc. he said there is no problem. He said that he has a brain, and we will decide whether to get it repaired or not, according to whether it is solved by trying it or not. Hopefully it will be clear tomorrow. If the problem comes from the brain, I did not know whether it would be better if our problem was solved for 1500-2500 TL, or if we could not solve the problem if there was no problem in the brain.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”