Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Peugeot 206 oil maintenance and timing

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
20.12.2020 15:41 # 1
Astrous
. My vehicle is a 1.4 2000 Peugeot 206 and I think it is time for heavy maintenance. I recently changed the oil and filters of the vehicle. They put 10W40 oil, but 5W40 is recommended on all sites. I am thinking of using castrol magnatec in my next replacement, do you think it will be taken? I look forward to your further suggestions. I also bought the car second hand and I don't think the timing has changed recently because there are bad noises from the timing part. I read it online and it is very likely time for a trigger change. Do you think it would be better if I order the trigger online or it is more logical to have it directly to Peugeot technical service, or if I bring it to Bosch's technical service, it is better to try. I also want to change the steering hydraulic oil. Magnatec stop-start 5W-30 C2 power steering in atf dex II multivehicle suggests it as engine oil. Is 1 liter enough for my vehicle? Will these shown oils be taken? Should I change the trigger directly at Peugeot technical service or buy it from the internet and bring it to the master, I will be glad if you help. They said that they made technical services very expensive 3-4 times expensive. If so, I'll take the trigger and get a master installed. He also recommends the brake fluid dot 4 for the brake system. Thanks in advance for your help. In short, I am waiting for your suggestions for the timing set circulation pump brake and steering hydraulic oil.
21.12.2020 09:31 # 2
sonerkyl
You can put 10w / 40 as oil, it will not be a problem, sir. Oil viscosities vary by region. 10w / 40 is sufficient for our country. I do not recommend castrol as a brand, there are many fakes in the market. You can choose mobile or motul brands. I stay away from castol products, my brother, it has no old quality for years, unfortunately, my opinion is of course after my research and the test videos I watched. You can also use total fluide for ditection. dot 4 in the brakes, you can especially turn to brands. feredo - like valeo. When it comes to timing, you can buy it from any peugeot part. I do not recommend it from the internet, it can be a problem. And in addition definitely replace the timing and circulation pump. bosch car service is good, they are generally recommended and they guarantee the workmanship. According to the transactions to be made, you can get a price from both a special service and a bosch car service.
21.12.2020 10:02 # 3
Astrous
My teacher suggested a friend of my father's car who is now the master of my father's vehicle, he was the master of Peugeot. As you said, then next year I will buy the ready-to-use maintenance kit on the internet, it includes Total 9000 QuartZ and filters. Then I leave the Triger and Hydraulic oils to the master. But if you say it would be better to buy from the internet, I can do that. Also, I don't think the former owner changed the transmission oil. I want to change it, but some people have been like mud. Change says if there is no problem in some people, change causes more problems. What do you think should I do? Should I buy the oils from the internet or leave them to the master? Shall I also change the transmission oil when it is changed?
21.12.2020 10:05 # 4
Astrous
If there is no bother, can you link the oils? Now you don't need engine oil and filters, only transmission, steering and brake fluid. I take the trigger and pump from a particle. There are different types of oils you say, I don't want to get it wrong. By the way, the car is automatic. Thank you for your help.
21.12.2020 11:37 # 5
Astrous
Anyone can help?
22.12.2020 12:30 # 6
sonerkyl
The transmission is automatic, I think it can be a problem after oil change. https://urun.n11.com/hidrolik-sistem-yagi/total-fluide-da-direksiyon-hidrolik-yagi-P296990198https://urun.n11.com/hidrolik-sistem-yagi/bosch-dot-4- 500ml-brake-hydraulic-oil-7-month-2020-production-P368481478
23.12.2020 09:03 # 7
Astrous
So you say that the transmission oil does not need to be changed. So let me change the v-belt timing recirculation steering and brake fluid. Thank you for your help. Braking is as https://www.trendyol.com/motul/dot-34-500-ml-fren-hidrolik-yagi-p-32246228?boutiqueıd=538229&merchantıd=111896&gads=true&tyutm_source=google&tyutm_medium=cpc&tyutm_campaign=pla_shopping_smart_category_oto-aksesuar&gclid=cjwkcaiaz4b_brbbeiwa5xlvvq4esq4h4pnluhdxm81_vuyyj8pkbamyeq92kq0hcugumyakou9q0boc3wcqavd_bw to yyeterl I think.
23.12.2020 12:14 # 8
sonerkyl
The same can be a problem, the transmission oils that have not changed for a long time should be changed normally, especially in automatic. but there is no guarantee that there will be no trouble It is enough to send it as brake oil.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”