Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Peugeot 206 liquid coming from the side of the gas pedal

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
17.09.2022 23:38 # 1
Mesutaslan
Hello friends. Liquid is leaking from the side of the gas pedal. I took it to the mechanic and he said that the heater core will come out and it will be checked. I put antifreeze in the car when I first got it. Antifreeze that the previous owner never used. Now my question is, how can I handle this without removing the glove box? There are places in Istanbul that do this job. Handy friends on the site have done it themselves, but I can't do it. So I will take it to any master. Obviously, this honeycomb repair can be done without removing the glove box. So I'm going to take it to a master on recommendation. In addition, the man who said that the torpedo will be dismantled, asked for a cost of 1500 TL. How much does the master who does it without dismantling the torpedo cost? Does he want more? Or if there are handy friends here. I would appreciate it if you send me a private message.
18.09.2022 16:06 # 2
talip206
Run away from the master who says the torpedo will be dismantled.
Even 90% honeycomb is solid. Since the gasket between the honeycomb and the pipe is worn out, it leaks from there.
If you go to the industry knowing this, you will get out with the least cost.
First of all, determine whether it is coming from the honeycomb or from the pipe joint. Don't pay for wasted honeycomb.
Bend down and wrap a napkin where the pipe connects to the honeycomb. If there is a leak from there, it will be obvious from the trace of antifreeze.
I can't say anything about the labor cost, the prices have increased a lot. It's like they take 300 400. If the honeycomb is distressed + the honeycomb fee. If not, two gaskets are 2 3 liras

If you are handy, you can get it done for 2 3 liras. Or if you know someone who understands business, you can do it by looking at the photos from the forum.

19.09.2022 00:44 # 3
Mesutaslan
This problem happened after I put antifreeze. Maybe there's a leak, it's pierced, antifreeze. But as you said, if the torpedo can be repaired without dismantling it, let me look at it that way, and I will go to the industry. I don't know who to trust and go, now we have to go around the industry one by one. Bide, which mechanic should I go to, which one will look at the point shot. I guess the body shop wouldn't look, right?
19.09.2022 08:26 # 4
Mesutaslan
This one caught my attention. When the nose of the car is in the air, when it is uphill, there is a puddle of rust, that is, the liquid flows. When the front of the car is downhill, it is dry when parked. No liquid or runny. What are you basing this on, man?
19.09.2022 16:21 # 5
hakanyilmazlar
Hi,

I had the same problem 5-6 months ago. I took it to the radiator/heater. The torpedo does not need to be disassembled. I bought the heater core myself (250 TL). There were also a couple of problems with the radiator. He took care of them too. It took 300 TL of labor.
20.09.2022 01:27 # 6
Mesutaslan
But where and by whom did you get it done? Electrician or body shop? Whoever I ask, they say it can't be done without removing it, I don't understand.
20.09.2022 09:05 # 7
hakanyilmazlar
In fact, everything written in the message. I think he overlooked it. I had it done by the radiator. Radiators do it, there are also those who only do heating work. Some electricians do it too. I had it done in Bursa. Since you are in Istanbul, I don't think I need to describe the place I had it built.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”