Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Peugeot 206 is losing water

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
17.05.2022 19:02 # 1
Samet.akky
My car is peugeot 206 1.4 2005 model automatic lpg this day when I started the car when it was idle, I gave gas and the water screeched sound, then when I opened the water cover, the water was 4 fingers less, I used the vehicle, the temperature did not exceed 80, could there be a water leak? What causes the whistling sound?
17.05.2022 22:02 # 2
ByYlmzZz
The heater core is the liquid system point near you. If water leaks from there, you may not notice it because the carpet will absorb the water. Take a look at the heater core faucet.
18.05.2022 22:22 # 3
Samet.akky
I looked like it was last night, but I touched the carpet with my hand, but there was no wetness.
19.05.2022 21:11 # 4
talip206
Hello, the water in the expansion vessel may increase or decrease according to the circulation. If you add water above the
Max level, it may discharge from the cover in the form of steam due to excessive pressure. Therefore, do not exceed the max line.
As long as the water does not go below the minimum level, there is no problem.
Observe from the outside without opening the lid for a while.

The whistling sound is an indication that there is air in the system. Air is taken from two places. With the engine running ;
1. There is a heater hose that enters the vehicle from the engine compartment from the steering wheel, there is a valve cover similar to the tire valve cover on it, loosen it and wait until the water comes out.
2. There is a temperature switch on the thermostat block. On the underside of it, there is a screw that is usually unscrewed with a brass-colored Allen.
26.05.2022 22:35 # 5
Samet.akky
A few days ago, the master looked at the engine with an allen and said that there is no air, but he could not understand, I think, when I opened the place and let the water run, the squeaking sound stopped. Thank you, have a good evening for your article.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”