Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Peugeot 206 in Engine Water and Hoses PAS !! LI

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 19:54 # 1
FuRiouS
Hello friends.

Since the day I bought in the Cabriom, there was a problem of rising heat. In my radiator, I found a flap. I will replace the radiator at the weekend.

The car is losing water alone. Yesterday evening, I made a water supplement, but today I did it again, but let me see what the bidet has. There is PAS in engine water.

The plastic hoses connected to the radiator are officially covered in rust.

How does this rust and how will it pass? What do I need to do when I replace the radiator? Do I need to put antifreeze etc. in the water? How to remove rust in this water tank.

Welcome picture

08.05.2020 19:54 # 2
sonerkyl
If you put the antifreeze on the valve, it will pass the remnants of rust and then you need to clean it again by putting the water again. Around 150 TL. The second big problem is that the cylinder head gasket may start leaking water, and if it gets into the engine oil, the water loss will continue. When you say that you will even have to replace the circulation pump, the timing or something will cost you between 1000-2000 TL according to the material used.
08.05.2020 19:54 # 3
FuRiouS
Brother, the radiator will already be replaced. I wrote it to the content. I will put antifreeze in the water when changing. I hope you won't have problems.
08.05.2020 19:54 # 4
OguzhanKucuk61
When I got into the car about 4-5 months ago, the driver's side mat was like a pool. I opened it, completed the water, went to where I would go in a controlled manner. The master said that the radiator has to be changed. 100 lira piece and 50 lira workmanship. I don't know if it is the procedure, but I downloaded the full frontal chest and changed the piece that way. For your information
08.05.2020 19:54 # 5
samet206
Recirculate the system with clean water and clean it with a hose. Spare water container, radiator, these are the things that can be changed. Also, since the anti-freeze is renewed, the possibility of escaping from certain places should be taken into account.
08.05.2020 19:54 # 6
ALLEX
[QUOTE = samet206] Recirculate the system with clean water and clean it with a hose. Spare water container, radiator, these are the things that can be changed. Also, the rusty limestone places will open when the antifreeze is renewed.
[/ QUOTE]

I totally agree.
Already the most expensive parts are radiators and spare water tank. If you have the opportunity to change the hoses, I will renew it. It's not just cleaning. The hoses have a certain lifetime.
Tomorrow if you use the gluttonous radiator in the circulation or zero limits, it would be worse to stay on the road due to the hoses.
My idea is that if you are renovating a system, you should completely overhaul it.

08.05.2020 19:54 # 7
Dlkrn_48
[QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] When I got in the car about 4-5 months ago, the driver's side mat was like a pool. I opened it, completed the water, went to where I would go in a controlled manner. The master said that the radiator has to be changed. 100 lira piece and 50 lira workmanship. I don't know if it is the procedure, but I downloaded the full frontal chest and changed the piece that way. For your information [/ QUOTE]

Master, I recently changed the heater radiator of the car. But my master did without removing the chest .. without removing any parts, he performed the disassembling from the space at the top of the gas pedal. I don't know what your model is.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”