Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Peugeot 206 Engine Sounds

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
09.03.2022 12:44 # 1
igenc
Hello friends,
I am a new member to the forum and I need your support on some issues.

Last year, there was noise at the bottom of my car. It was as if the exhaust pipe was dislodged and playing. There were clattering sounds. I took it to the mechanic and he said there is no problem with the exhaust, but your flywheel is broken, you need to change it.
We gave 2000 TL and installed a new flywheel.
Six months passed and the same sounds started to come again.
I took it to the same master again and he said there is a problem with the engine, which breaks the flywheel.
I took it to the engine dealer.
- He said the engine may be running. He looked and couldn't find a problem.
- He said there might be a problem with the starter. But the engine is not in very good condition. If I open it, he says, the expense will not only increase with the start, but it can grow even more.
What do you think I should do.
I will try to take the incoming sound and throw it here.
However, if he will describe it, I will especially go to the gas. When pressed, it is as if a piece of iron is rubbing against something and making a continuous sound.
I hope I could explain.
09.03.2022 16:20 # 2
sonerkyl
Hello teacher. First of all, it would be better to find a good master who knows the job. We can only speculate from here. You can upload the video to youtube and post the link here. If the simultaneous noise increases when you press the gas, you can eliminate the starter. The problem may be inside the engine. The crank main bearing is like a sleeve bearing. Make it your priority to find a good master who knows Peugeot. Our members from Istanbul will help with the master.

There are many people recommending this place.

14.03.2022 09:33 # 3
igenc
Thank you very much, sir.

What I did with the vehicle in 1 week.
There is Emin Automotive Gearbox in İkitelli Sanayi, I took it there. (This place had previously reset the vehicle's transmission and changed the flywheel gear.(
- The master said; the flywheel is broken again. There is another problem that caused it to break, the room is related to the engine. Therefore, a good engine master should take care of it.) Of course, the flywheel needs to be changed again.
- He directed him to an engine master in İkitelli. The room also conveyed that the problem was not simple and should be opened, and the sound coming from the vehicle was not normal.

Finally, the car is now in the parking lot. Tomorrow morning, a master in Topkapı recommended me to take it there. He will probably say similar things.
If we enter the engine part, how much do you think my estimated cost will be.
Thank you.
14.03.2022 10:09 # 4
sonerkyl
You're welcome. It's very strange that the flywheel is broken. The part that will cause this will be the crank. If there is a problem with the crank, unfortunately the engine will request a refit. Of course, the cost will increase by Mr.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”