Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

peugeot 206 brain failure

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
20.05.2021 22:16 # 1
efceka
My 2002 peugeot 206 1.6 XT has a brain problem. When I press the starter, it usually does not work. When I move the brain a little, there is a sound from the engine part, I think, the injectors open, then it works, but sometimes it does not go above 2 even with the bottom gas. It works unhealthy at idle and sometimes stops. I went to many masters, most of them are afraid to touch their hands and say go directly to Ankara. Someone said the brain will change, get out, find a brain. Someone said that if you find a free brain, you need to transfer the software inside, otherwise you can't get efficiency. Someone said that if there is a malfunction in the brain, you can't run it at all. I don't know what to do either, the car remained unsold if you throw it away. I would be very happy if you can help me how to solve this problem.
21.05.2021 11:44 # 2
talip206
Is the brain inside a metal box (ecu)

Or is it the place where the fuse box (bsm) is covered with a plastic cover?
In industry they call both brains. If you tell us which one it is, we can give you an idea. If it gets better when you play it, there is cold solder or there is a problem with the cables.
23.05.2021 19:19 # 3
efceka
The part you call ecu https://i.ebayimg.com /images/g/ymMAAOxynapRh3lE/s-l300.jpg
23.05.2021 19:21 # 4
efceka
When I play with the wires, it doesn't respond, but if I move the brain sometimes a millimeter, it starts the starter.
23.05.2021 19:33 # 5
talip206
Check the sockets that go into the ecu. Take out the sockets and see if there is any oxide. There were some users who solved the non-contact problem by inserting thin wires into the female socket. Since the inside of the brain is covered with insulating material, it cannot be repaired. You need to look at the sockets and cables.
Actually, a good electrician will solve the problem.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”