Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

peugeot 206 airbag light and speedometer and stop

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
29.06.2022 19:56 # 1
tetik77
Hello, I have a pejo 206 1.4 xdesign 2006 model. Sometimes the airbag light comes on and the speedometer doesn't work on the road, and then the vehicle stops when I slow down. Sometimes it comes back on its own and the problem of stopping is removed, sometimes it is fixed when you stop the car and wait for a while and start it again. I mean, it's an occasional thing, but I don't understand the stopping problem, has anyone encountered this problem before? I looked at the forum and I couldn't find the problem of both the mileage indicator, the airbag light and the stopping problem at the same time, so it's something different.
01.07.2022 22:06 # 2
talip206
Hello. Actually, the airbag light is a result, not a problem. If the speed needle goes down to zero while the vehicle is in motion, the airbag light will turn on, this is normal.

This is how we can tell if the mileage sensor is faulty. When the speed needle goes to zero, follow the odometer traveled, if the km does not progress, the km sensor is defective. For example, the needle went to zero, you are on the move, you have traveled 2 km, but the odometer does not advance, then the problem is in the km sensor.
If the km increases, the problem may be in the display or the brain.

< div>Stop event can have many reasons
01.07.2022 23:01 # 3
tetik77
Sir, when the speed needle goes down to zero, km does not progress, then my km sensor is faulty. Stopping occurs due to this, sir, the speed indicator goes down, the airbag light turns on, and then when you change gear or slow down, the vehicle stops. Does stopping have anything to do with it?
03.07.2022 23:23 # 4
talip206
Then the mileage sensor is faulty.
Stop may be related to this, but I can't say for sure. Sometimes this can happen in brain malfunctions as well. Go from cheap to expensive. Change the mileage sensor first.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”