Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

peugeot 206 .14 hdi speedometer problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 21:11 # 1
nkrsntc
Hello friends, as I mentioned in the title, my vehicle has a speed indicator problem. Sometimes it doesn't work in any way from the first time it runs, it comes to itself while driving. Sometimes it goes away while driving. As soon as the needle goes, there is a noticeable increase in power in the vehicle. In the meantime, when I lift my foot from the gas pedal, the car slows down and there is no such problem while the pointer is working. The problem is the speed sensor I think I am curious about your thoughts, good forums.
Vehicle 206 1.4 hdi 2005 model
08.05.2020 21:11 # 2
talip206
It is very simple to understand whether the speed sensor or indicator is faulty.
1. Reset the odometer
2. Drive the car on a road where you know the distance. You can use it for navigation.
3. If the road is 50 km and your meter showed a very different value (eg 35 40 km) the kilometer / Speed sensor is defective.
If the distance traveled with the distance of the car, the indicator is defective.
The km / speed sensor displays not only the speed but also the distance traveled. It shows the distance traveled in case of failure.
The same problem in my vehicle was 200 km I went 50 km showed.
When the km / speed sensor is faulty, both the counter we reset and the main mileage counter are missing.
talip206 2019-03-14 16:13:13
08.05.2020 21:11 # 3
nkrsntc
Thank you teacher. When the needle does not work, it does not count kilometers. In this case, the speed sensor is problematic. Do you know where the sensor is in the vehicle?
08.05.2020 21:11 # 4
talip206
Its location is somewhat difficult. Easier to reach from the bottom. In the direction of the glass side in the engine. Looking down at the engine, it's a little to the right of the middle and down.
Since it is on the top of the gearbox, its screw boils because it gets very hot and cools and it is difficult to remove. I do not exaggerate until the master removes the one in my car 2 3 hours worked.
Then they were removed from the heat by welding, but they were removed.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”