Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Peugeot 2008 Pad Sound

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 2008 (2020-)
04.03.2022 11:09 # 1
Mehmet5706
year 2021 During the months of November-December, when the weather started to get cold, I started to hear whistling / pad noise in the brakes of my 2021 model Peugeot 2008 vehicle, which I purchased from Ankara ABC Peugeot in June. After my workload decreased, I made an appointment in January and took the vehicle to ABC Peugeot authorized service. The service finished the process by declaring that there was no problem with the pads and discs and that they were cleaned. I heard the same noise again the next day, and I took the vehicle to the service by making an appointment with the same service in February. This time, the lining is (6) months and 10,000 km. I was informed that (whichever comes first) is under warranty and that the pad will not be replaced under warranty. Then I called Peugeot customer service and reported the problem to them and waited for them to return. Today (02.03.2022) I received a return. They repeated exactly what the authorized service said and reported that the pads could be changed for a fee. Thereupon, I asked the customer representative to give me a document (to apply to the Consumer Court) showing the malfunction of the vehicle and stating that no replacement will be made under warranty. This request was denied due to company policy (!). Now I would like to ask Peugeot Turkey: 1) Is it normal for the brake lining of a vehicle (8) that is 8 months old and still at 8,600 km to squeak like this? 2) Is it an indication of poor material quality that I have such a problem even though the pads and discs of the vehicle are not worn out? 3) Is there a need for customer service (!) that repeats what the service says? 4) Will my extra (3) year warranty extension package, which I purchased by paying 2.000 TL in December 2021, be of any benefit to me in the light of the information I have provided? Within what I have explained above, I leave to your appreciation ABC Peugeot Authorized Service and Peugeot Customer Representative, which did not help me in solving my problem.
04.03.2022 17:58 # 2
sonerkyl
Hello teacher. The problem is due to the lining dust, I don't remember exactly a few years ago. An ingredient was added to the lining to make it soft. This substance causes environmental pollution etc. It has been removed because it causes a problem and the pads are harder and the addition of different materials by the manufacturers causes this type of sound events to increase. There may be a problem caused by a manufacturing defect in the brake pads. However, it is because of their irresponsibility that the service makes such an application to you. If he changes the pad, what will happen and what will damage it, replace it under warranty. By doing this, authorized services do not fall into a situation other than losing customers. Could you try something like this? Get a pad spray and clean the pads without starting the vehicle. and do this every day, will the sound event repeat?
05.03.2022 14:07 # 3
Mehmet5706
Thank you for your comment. As you mentioned, with the removal of asbestos material from the linings due to its carcinogenicity, the linings are not as soft as they used to be and they started to make more noise. No problems so far. The problem is that the company does not stand behind its goods and stays away from the subject so that it cannot even change the lining of a vehicle that has only 8 thousand km. Moreover, even if he did not consider anything, I think that he should have solved this problem within the scope of customer satisfaction. Because when you put your foot on the brake at the lights with a new vehicle, the sound of the lining takes you away from the pleasure of driving.
07.03.2022 11:22 # 4
sonerkyl
Thank you sir. I agree with you, changing a pair of pads will not make them lose anything. but unaware of losing customers like usller. Unfortunately, there is a stupid idea that logic will come to us anyway.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”