Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Peugeot 106 XR Alternator ( Charger )

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 106
20.01.2022 16:30 # 1
10PUser
Hello everyone,
First of all, I searched about this subject on the internet for a long time, but I wanted to share it because there is no clear information and it may happen to anyone.
Of course, these articles are not exactly the same in every vehicle The possibility of and possible case may need to be checked for information purposes.

Vehicle: Peugeot 106 XR - 1998 Air-conditioned model.
Symptoms: Moan coming from the engine flywheel, the vehicle is rough when driving on the road
The battery lamp on the indicator is suddenly constantly on, the headlights are dim and the night vision is very low, the windows are opened and closed slowly.< /div>

Troubleshooting: The vehicle remained on the road and was taken to the service with a tow truck, and the battery and alternator, also known as the alternator, were measured. result Alternator (charger) was found to be faulty.

Solution: Removing the Alternator Charger in Peugeot 106 vehicles is quite difficult. If they want to do it themselves, the important tip is to remove the timing belt cover on the left of the engine, remove the black radiator cover and remove the headlight motor. Removing the alternator studs and bolts is still not enough to take it out directly. It is necessary to remove the alternator on the rear block that is connected to the engine and first remove the wedge from that narrow area. then we can take out the alternator with small changes.

In order to avoid the high cost situation, the alternator was repaired first. However, due to the fact that the installed materials did not fit, they were disassembled and repaired again after the first assembly.
After the second repair, the problem in our alternator has been resolved. The value of 13.50V in the measurements decreases to 13.20 when a few things run. The time of occurrence of this situation is January 2021.

This usage continued until January 2022. When the battery was checked in December 2021, we determined that the life of the battery was dead. but I didn't care because it didn't cause any problems in working at -(minus) degrees.

One day, when I came home from work, I parked the car. there was no problem. Then, when I got back into the vehicle to go somewhere, I observed that the headlights were dim again and the windows were heavy. Now the real problem started. I found the answer in 1 place on all forum pages.

Troubleshooting: Vehicle ignition is turning off. Vehicle Stops. However, the battery lamp is working. The tape is not powered.
When I start the car, the battery light goes out. but the sound and smell are starting to come from the alternator.
In such cases, if we park the vehicle and leave first, we have to remove 1 of the vehicle's battery terminals. Otherwise, the battery will run out quickly and you will not be able to start the vehicle. Also, because the voltage to the vehicle is low

*The fan did not turn on
*Temperature rose
*Oil lamp burned
* Power steering disabled.

Solution: Again, alternator alternator was dismantled and repaired. However, in such cases, after the repair, the light continues to turn on at the first start, since the lamp diodes in the alternator are quite weak. Seeing this, the master tries to turn off the light by cheating by taking electricity from the contact and giving power to the lamp diode on the Alternator. and the heater - the voltage produced when the headlight is on is observed as 13.05v.
However, stop the process it is trying to do by interfering with the situation there.

If the lamp does not go out with the connection of the standard leads coming to the alternator, the alternator is broken !!!

Important Information
Peugeot 106 - 306 - 307 We learn that the alternator does not work after the repair, and in a short time, it has to deal with the same operations again.
Although it is definitely made in China, it is important to buy a new alternator.

According to the information received from the Special Service representative;

For Peugeot 106 vehicles 14.00v the alternator charger is not suitable for battery charging and other operations, so it has been repaired. He specifically stated that alternator chargers and other problems may also be caused.

A charger that has been repaired for cost reasons, preferably by people who trust the repairman, and on the condition that capture the specified voltageThey can continue to use it.

20.01.2022 17:19 # 2
sonerkyl
Thank you for the information. You have changed to a very important subject. bad voltage values can cause big problems in the future both in the ecu and bsi.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”