Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

overtemperature problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
20.01.2022 09:33 # 1
Neco41
Have a nice day friends, I will share the problem that happened to me, if you help me, you will receive my prayers =)
I have a Pejo 206 2005 model 1.4 gasoline lpg manual x design package vehicle for the last 1 week
Although my vehicle is at a temperature of 70 80 90 even suddenly the heat is flying and the vehicle stop warning starts to flash and the fan starts to turn on, the car continues as if nothing has happened when the vehicle goes to the side, turns off the ignition and waits for 5 minutes. 1 month ago, I changed the thermostat log of the car completely (not because of this problem, there was a crack in the box, they patched it with a sticky substance, when I realized it, my master changed it, the thermostat temperature joint is completely new, so) when the car fails, neither water heating nor anything abnormal happens =/ if you can help I'm happy
20.01.2022 10:46 # 2
sonerkyl
Hello teacher.

Did this problem happen after the thermostat log was changed? if so there may be air in the system. It is also useful to look at the temperature of the vehicle digitally.
20.01.2022 11:11 # 3
Neco41
He did it 12 times before the thermostat, but it started to do it almost every day in the last time, quite intermittently.
20.01.2022 14:29 # 4
sonerkyl
Sir, water reduction etc. Is there a leak, etc. in the vehicle? Or like boiling water. It could be an electrical situation.
20.01.2022 14:31 # 5
Neco41
There is no water reduction, but I will follow it, it may be air, it may be in the system, I just called the master, he said it may be air in the room, let's see when it will be fixed
24.01.2022 13:56 # 6
talip206
Your problem is definitely the fan relays or the thick cable entering the fan relay oxidizes and breaks from inside.

Remove the part with the Peugeot emblem. There is a closed place like a box, open the lid. There are two green color fan relays. Check them and their cables.

The temperature rises to the top because the fan does not turn on in time. In this case, the vehicle computer deactivates the relay and gives electricity directly to the fan and the temperature drops. This cycle continues in this way.
25.01.2022 08:06 # 7
Berkay Erdinc
All the determinations written may be correct. It is useful to check each of them. The first thing that comes to my mind is that there is air in your system, which is a possibility that you would receive this warning non-stop since the thermostat log was changed, so even if it seems like a low probability, this situation should be checked. I don't know if the thermostat is new or old, even new ones can produce faulty products.
I think the problem is the thermostat itself. Sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't.
When the vehicle gives this warning, get out of the vehicle and check the radiator lower hose. If it is cold, you can go over the possibility that the thermostat does not open, it is a very very dangerous situation, I recommend you to fix this fault as soon as possible.
After these are checked, the water pump, temperature sensor, fan relays, etc. can proceed.
28.01.2022 23:39 # 8
kaan206
ExactlyLOL
15.02.2022 20:25 # 9
ErcanOzcan
The same thing happened to me last Sunday. As you said, after turning off the ignition and waiting, it got better. When we connected it to the device, it appeared as a non-repeating fault. Something could have short-circuited it for a moment. My car had an oxygen sensor fault. He said that the master said it might have triggered the fault because it draws too many amps. We changed the oxygen sensor, cleared the error codes and tried again, and the problem was gone.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”