Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

overheating and automatic gear

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:37 # 1
eiknuj
hi friends,

I wanted to share a problem I am experiencing today. On the way to Ataturk Airport from Bostaci e-5, he took the automatic gearbox around Merter to protect himself. Transmission oil has just changed, and since I did not see any error messages on the screen, as a workaround I read in the forum, I pulled the car aside and stopped and restarted the engine. I saw that the automatic gear was still in protection and I noticed that the temperature was around 115 degrees. I went to the airport without any problems when I wait a little and run it again. On the turn, I returned from tem and when the temperature rose from the red line to the previous line, I had to settle aside and started to wait. After a half-hour wait when I said whether I would call the hammer or wait, I started to move slowly from the edge when I saw that the fever had dropped to 80. At the time, with the advice of a friend who called me, I came to Bostancı by running the air conditioner in the highest hot position possible by helping the engine cool down, but even though he is hot and hot, the glass knows how I came even though all the windows are open. I will take the first job car to Harun Usta tomorrow, but I have questions and I wanted to consult you.

Is it normal for automatic gear to protect itself due to overheating, or is it a sign of a problem with ov?

As far as I have read in the topics previously opened in the forum, the fan is already engaged after 90 degrees, so what is the source of this heat problem?

Thank you very much for your ideas and help.

08.05.2020 17:37 # 2
kasirga16
I think the protection status is not caused by overheating, I would say check the automatic gear oil and selonoid.
08.05.2020 17:37 # 3
eiknuj
[QUOTE = hurricane16] I think the protection is not caused by overheating, I would say check the automatic gear oil and the cellonoid [/ QUOTE]

The gearbox oil changed a few days ago and there was no fault record related to solenoids when they connected and looked at the computer.

There are no forums left since yesterday. I think there are two different problems here. For a similar automatic transmission problem, the transmission oil filter may have been clogged. It may be that the fan is not turning on for heat. Let's see that I will go to the master today.
eiknuj 2013-05-27 09:02:29
08.05.2020 17:37 # 4
kasirga16
I had the same problem, the car took it under protection and the (-) expression, I was using it like that, after a while, it was getting better, I told the master that the oil was brought to the gearbox, it was normal transmission oil, I put the automatic gear oil, the solenoids changed. Thank God my problem was fixed. I would be glad if you share the source of the problem when you take it to the master
08.05.2020 17:37 # 5
eiknuj
My vehicle was checked yesterday, the computer was connected and looked. Interestingly, no fault records were found. In the tests performed while the computer was connected, it was observed that the fan speed, rotation speed, etc. values were normal. For the automatic gear problem, the exercises on the solenoid valves were done from the beginning. But things changed when it came to visual inspection. It was observed that the radiator and fan propellers were almost a finger dust, earth, etc. It was cleaned with a compressed air gun. I was almost shocked when I saw the dust coming out. Harun Usta said that the radiator was unable to work due to this dirt and that we were experiencing this problem. After cleaning with compressed air, engine cleaning and coolant exchange were performed.

yesterday, I could not test in the city and long distance, but I did not see any problems when I came home. I will try and give information on long messages.
08.05.2020 17:37 # 6
kasirga16
very good teacher, insha'Allah, no bad situation will occur,
Have a good drive ..
08.05.2020 17:37 # 7
oarapoglu
Dear forum members;
First of all, I am not a Peugot user, I have a 2001 model Clio 2 HB RXT Automatic vehicle. However, when I was researching the subject of automatic transmission, I saw this topic and wanted to contribute. DPO / AL4 type transmissions are generally used in French group vehicles such as Peugot, Citroen, Renault, and are common in problems encountered in general. The main problem with most of these transmissions is that I understand failures in heat transfer and cooling. Especially in the hot summer months, in congested traffic, on the ramp stop / get up, this problem manifests itself more. Doesn't it have anything to do with whether the air conditioner is turned on or not? Now, while doing research on this subject, I could not get enough information from Turkish sites. I searched in a foreign language and got various results. Various heating kits have been developed for these transmissions, as the heating problems of these DPO / AL4 transmissions are known. Take a look at the link below:
This brochure has been published by a British company called JPAT (JP Automatic Transmissions LTD). Two products are introduced in this brochure. Oil exchanger for the 1st DPO / AL4 transmissions (heat exchanger) I have translated the text into Turkish:
DPO / AL4 Heat Transfer
DPO / AL4 gearboxes have been on the market for several years, but we continue to experience frustrating oil pressure problems caused by the heating of this unit. Keeping the temperature of the transmission fluid (oil) within the recommended limits is very important for this transmission.
JPAT now offers a helpful kit to help you deal with your heat related problems. The kit includes a new heat exchanger, 40mm deeper than before, and conveniently manufactured to replace the old heat exchanger. In addition, longer fixing bolts and washers are provided so that you can fix the larger heat exchanger in this kit.
DPO / AL4 Modified Deflector Plate Kit
In conjunction with the modified cooling kit above, JPAT now offers you a kit that increases the oil capacity and improves distribution of oil.
This kit includes a deeper crankcase cover, crankcase gasket, a deflector plate (baffle plate) that can be fixed to the valve body with existing bolts, a new level plug with the washer, and a longer level tube to ensure that the increased oil level is correct. This kit is a must have for the revised DPO / AL4 chassis.
If you have English, you can write "DPO / AL4 modification kits" to Google and find other products. As a result, various sub-industry products have been developed that can assist in troubleshooting problems with these transmissions. Does anyone get information from this automatic transmission service with this subject? Does this product is available in Turkey? As I understand it, the main problem of this type of DPO / AL4 type gearbox is that it overheats and it is difficult or impossible to change the oil completely as if it had a very perfect design.
the oarapogl 2013-05-31 02:30:57
08.05.2020 17:37 # 8
allppeerr
As my teacher said in the above friend, the gearbox does not protect itself because of the heat.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”