Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Outdated Antifreeze

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 20:39 # 1
OguzhanKucuk61
I went to the master to let the antifreeze renew, as the weather suddenly declined. We drained and renewed the water. I also got the remaining antifreeze. Today, I looked at the antifreeze box, 2013 production, 2016 end use. It may even be antifreeze that it used before. So it may be open, I didn't pay much attention.
Is this a problem? Has the antifreeze lost its function?

When we looked with the antifreeze measuring device, it showed that it would be effective until -15. oguzhankucuk61 2017-11-26 11:38:58
08.05.2020 20:39 # 2
OguzhanKucuk61
Updated, help please
08.05.2020 20:39 # 3
eran
In other words, an expiration date has been determined. There may be trouble. Because -15 a little less? It would be nice if at least -20.
08.05.2020 20:39 # 4
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = eran] So an expiry date has been determined as a result. There may be trouble. Because -15 a little less? It would be nice if at least -20. [/ QUOTE]

My teacher finds it only five in Trabzon. If the remaining antifreeze decreases in me, I will add to increase the purity rate. I hope that this date will not be a problem.
08.05.2020 20:39 # 5
ggitaristt
I don't think if the antifreeze is green (i.e. synthetic) there will be a problem.
08.05.2020 20:39 # 6
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = ggitaristt] If antifreeze is green (i.e. synthetic) I don't think it will be a problem
[/ QUOTE]

It was red, Hodja. If there is a problem, I plan to drain and renew the water in the whole system.
08.05.2020 20:39 # 7
ggitaristt
[QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] [QUOTE = ggitaristt] If antifreeze is green (i.e. synthetic), I don't think it will be a problem.
[/ QUOTE]

It was red, Hodja. If there is a problem, I plan to drain and renew the water in the whole system. [/ QUOTE]

If it is red, I assume that it is organic. Everything that is organic has an expiration date. Of course, the reason for choosing organic is that it can easily disappear in nature.

Let me summarize the situation as follows .. Every antifreeze protects against freezing even after 20 years .. For example, the same antifreeze has been circulating in the solar energy on the roof of our house for 20 years .. It has become jet black but still -30 degrees ..

The problem is that the additives in it have now lost their corrosion protection feature. The same is true for cars. When it loses its protection feature, metals that have clogged with air and water in the cooling system begin to rot. .

Do not be afraid that it will not damage your engine. It will also protect against freezing. There is no problem there.

I bought Total Glacelf Supra this month for 40 TL, I changed the antifreeze for the first time after 4 years (It was the same as the previous one). It was still like the liquid I poured.
08.05.2020 20:39 # 8
OguzhanKucuk61
Thank you very much for fine and detailed information.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”