Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Original shock absorber and spring stiffness of 206 xs?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 14:12 # 1
b55can
Friends, I have 99 models 206 3-door xs. The suspension of the car is too hard for me. Can't I get used to it?

First of all, I don't know why the car was originally in the air, but it does not give any confidence at high speed. After 130, I am officially nervous in the car.

The suspension that I find hard this time will make me crazy if I say that the fenders wheel spacing is too much spring or if I drop the back with torsion.

In a question I want to ask, the same springs and shock absorbers are used in all 206's (except SW, Gti, RC models). on the other hand 4 doors 206s as if it is closer to the ground and the air inlet on the hood would have a negative impact at high speed ?? Like aerodynamics or pressure, it seems like something humming and straining is happening from there.

I am waiting for your comments and suggestions ....
08.05.2020 14:12 # 2
berko
I only comment for the spring and the shock absorber. The 206s are too high above the ground and really do not give confidence at high speed. I lowered the front with a 4 cm spring and the back with torsion and mudguard without even one finger. At first, comfort was the same, but 1.5 years have passed and the car has turned into a full car. Now I have installed the original wheels, but with the originals, you can feel even the smallest stone on the road. But my handling and driving pleasure has increased tremendously. At the moment, the name in the masque is reduced to 5 cm without cutting and heating with the original springs and shock absorbers (they apply the process by welding the table on which the spring is sitting in the shock absorber.) The decision is yours, I have lost the comfort of the plateau, but I am very pleased with the pluses it gave me.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 3
b55can
Isn't there anyone in the forum?
08.05.2020 14:12 # 4
hasimayaz
I think it would be more accurate to make comparisons between vehicles in its class. For small class vehicles, the main problem is the suspension, not the chassis length. the longer the chassis is, the better moment and the better impact absorption. the longer the suspension, the longer the spring distance and the more comfortable driving. When producing the vehicle, it is necessary to take into account the land conditions of the country to be addressed.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 5
Onur
The suspension of the 206 can be said to be the best in its class. If you do not trust at 206 ao speeds, you can not trust any car in that class.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 6
b55can
Friends do not come as high as a single door, there are original 14 bohemian rims on the mudguards and the wheel is obvious.

I made a comparison in class I have corsa c in my friend 2001 model car has a great suspension does not feel the pits too much, it absorbs the blow very well when it enters the pit, and there is a full sound, not blunt like me.

Firstly, I did 160-170 km / h speed with the corsa c on the way to konya and the speed of the car you know does not reveal that I like it very much. ((

When I travel from 206 to 130 la, it seems like a very high speed, the side wind, the pressure humming feeling from the air inlet of the hood, and I would like to cut speed. I can even say that I am afraid to fade at these speeds.

I wonder if the problem is not in my vehicle, it is gone, if anyone knows, can all the 206 vehicles use the same springs and dampers?
08.05.2020 14:12 # 7
Onur
I said from the view of the vehicle, because you compare the 4 doors with the xs, it is normally high. When you enter the pits, the sound you call blunt comes in all the 206s. has a shock absorber and spring
08.05.2020 14:12 # 8
b55can
Can't I make the suspension softer? Would it be like again if I bought a new shock absorber and spring?

Maybe my vehicle's springs and dampers are worn out, because I think it can't be that hard, after all, there are those with 4 doors, so my staff is so uncomfortable ??

I wonder if they tell me to understand that when I go to the piano during the day, is it normal or do they say this is the thing?

The steering wheel of the vehicle is hard for me, I don't understand how hydraulic it is, I don't care much about it. If there is no problem in my suspension, I will sell it seriously.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 9
Haci
Relax, brother, do not worry, this is a temporary situation that will pass after a while, like a flu, headache, such as a headache. Thumbs Up
08.05.2020 14:12 # 10
shamed
[QUOTE = berko] I only comment for the spring and the shock absorber. The 206s are too high above the ground and really do not give confidence at high speed. I lowered the front with a 4 cm spring and the back with torsion and mudguard without even one finger. At first, comfort was the same, but 1.5 years have passed and the car has turned into a full car. Now I have installed the original wheels, but with the originals, you can feel even the smallest stone on the road. But my handling and driving pleasure has increased tremendously. At the moment, the name in the masque is reduced to 5 cm without cutting and heating with the original springs and shock absorbers (they apply the process by welding the table on which the spring is sitting in the shock absorber.) The decision is yours, I have lost the comfort of the plateau, but I am very pleased with the advantages it has brought me. [/ QUOTE]
If we saw what they were missing, can we get what they earn?
08.05.2020 14:12 # 11
b55can
Friends now I compared my car with 4 doors 206, because a friend said that it sounds high to you because it is a single door, I think it is clearer than the pictures.

In addition, all 206 shock absorbers and springs other than gti, sw, rc and springs were called the same, then why did my car put higher sports model supposed abs, most of them not 206

For most 4 doors 206 that I have paid attention to, the height and the fender wheel space are normal at xs.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 12
hasimayaz
What is the weight of XS ?? 896 diesel 4 doors ..
08.05.2020 14:12 # 13
b55can
Must be 1030
08.05.2020 14:12 # 14
b55can
The diesel must have been heavier than I know, because the engine was 896 too low.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 15
b55can
Someone who knows there is no answer on the site
08.05.2020 14:12 # 16
berko
I know it is around 990 kg. By the way, the back of the 2004 and later models is a bit lower. Old models are very high ... I suggest you have a shock absorber, they can both soften and lower the original shock absorbers by making the necessary approvals.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 17
b55can
berko brother I am in Ankara, I do not have the chance to go where you say, lonely the shock absorber is not something to be repaired and repaired.

My concern is to make my vehicle, which looks like a stork, a bit comfortable and 4-door 206s to look normal.

By the way, it is very unlikely that the diesel is lighter than gasoline and the engine is heavier than most diesel vehicles.

Can a friend explain now 4 door 206s why normal Xs like storks, nobody knows this original?
08.05.2020 14:12 # 18
berko
The main center of the shock absorber is in the ostim. they don't open up to death. According to the request of the broadcast table, they boil down to about 3. They were pumping oil inside the shock absorber, I think, to be soft. I also have a 4 cm spring, very hard shock absorbers will take it to the branch in Istanbul and soften it.
08.05.2020 14:12 # 19
b55can
There is no one in the big forum, who knows the reason for the height difference between 4 doors and 2 doors, why are the springs of the shock absorbers higher at the same time?
08.05.2020 14:12 # 20
canberk
I don't know much, but yours seems to be too high. It sounds like it's not normal.
Page : / 2
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”