Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

oil intake from the oil filter

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 15:38 # 1
werty

greetings friends

oil is missing from where the oil filter meets in my vehicle. once again, he did the same problem when we removed the oil filter, the shape of the oil filter was distorted. The master filter was bad, he replaced it with another filter. I looked today again, there is the same problem. Where is the problem? Could the top cover of the oil filter be defective.? thank you for your help
respects.
08.05.2020 15:38 # 2
metin
Hello there.
I was going to replace my own oil filter, just because of this, I did not change it on the advice of our cecoli. that plastic cover is sensitive and if you tighten it a little, it will crack and then leak from the crack.
Another reason is that when the filter is changed, the gasket at the junction of the cover joins, if not, it may leak from there.
Also, if you say that the shape of the filter has changed, it will fit the original under normal conditions, I think if they put you a different big filter, it is stuck at the same time and it prevents the lid from closing.
08.05.2020 15:38 # 3
werty
[QUOTE = text] hello.
I was going to replace my own oil filter, just because of this, I did not change it on the advice of our cecoli. that plastic cover is sensitive and if you tighten it a little, it will crack and then leak from the crack.
Another reason is that when the filter is changed, the gasket at the junction of the cover joins, if not, it may leak from there.
Also, if you say that the shape of the filter has changed, it will fit the original under normal conditions, I think if they put you a different big filter, it is stuck at the same time and it prevents the lid from closing.
[/ QUOTE] I did not understand too. The gasket on the edge of the cover changed and I saw it. The new filter was installed. It did not do for a long time.
08.05.2020 15:38 # 4
metin

When replacing the filter, the oil flows from there, there is a stain, if you are talking about it, I could not understand, except that it does not make any problem in the cover, but it is a part that has a risk of breakage when it is tightened too much.

08.05.2020 15:38 # 5
werty
[QUOTE = text]

When replacing the filter, the oil flows from there, there is a stain, if you are talking about it, I could not understand, except that it does not make any problem in the cover, but it is a part that has a risk of breakage when it is tightened too much.

[/ QUOTE] no no I'm not talking about it. The oil is flowing. If I will not take it to the industry tomorrow
08.05.2020 15:38 # 6
Guests
It's not a very expensive piece. The supplier industry is not worth buying.
08.05.2020 15:38 # 7
koliva
I think yours oil filter does not sit in the oil chamber (black part) or the seated part is defective. Because of this, it becomes absent in time and its shape deteriorates. I think it should not be missed though, but I think it will be improved when you replace that black chamber.
08.05.2020 15:38 # 8
Guests
Change the cover, I think it's okay
08.05.2020 15:38 # 9
werty
thank you guys for your help
08.05.2020 15:38 # 10
muratesbahoglu@hotma
I tried another thing that has not been resolved yet. It happens very often, I too.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”