Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Nitrogen gas to tires?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 15:07 # 1
phaselispa
I started to come across this lay lately.
I have researched some who say good and some say bad. I couldn't fully resolve the good and the bad.

There are friends who use, experience, and have ideas, please share with us ...
08.05.2020 15:07 # 2
tigerland
in our friend, the air pressure does not decrease, never is the same nitrogen
08.05.2020 15:07 # 3
ali oncu
I do not understand, if friends who know can help, we will learn
08.05.2020 15:07 # 4
serkan24577
I use it, the tires are lighter, my tire says it saves fuel
08.05.2020 15:07 # 5
TURAN61
possibility of flames ???
08.05.2020 15:07 # 6
g-demir
the probability of ignition is zero. Due to its nitrogen nature, it is a cold gas. cause of power effect in engines; 1 - Increases the flammability of the gasoline coming to the engine at a very advanced level. that is, nitrogen is used with gasoline. 2 - Because it is very cold, it adds comfort to the warmed structure of the engine.
It extends the life because it gives the same coldness to the tires.

[QUOTE = TURAN61] possibility of ignition ??? [/ QUOTE]
08.05.2020 15:07 # 7
Muhammet CAKIR
I just pressed the tire, it doesn't last for a month when I put the tires on, but the air remains constant.
08.05.2020 15:07 # 8
tigerland
I will change the tires, I will print nitrogen, this time I will be saved from pressing the air in the gas stations 3 or 5 up and down the day before I went to the front right 27 left 29 back 29 - 28 all involved: D
08.05.2020 15:07 # 9
phaselispa
So if the tires do not heat up, it means the car's grip on the road decreases. everyone says the wear is less because the tires are cold?
08.05.2020 15:07 # 10
Muhammet CAKIR
[QUOTE = phaselispa] so if the tires do not heat up, it means the car's grip on the road decreases. everybody says there is less wear because the tires are cold?
08.05.2020 15:07 # 11
tigerland
aircraft tires are always inflated with nitrogen. When it comes to the reason, the tire pressure does not decrease or increase due to the temperature difference in hot air and cold air changes. for example. Let the air temperature in Istanbul be -2 degrees in the winter season. the temperature of the air above will be between -40 and -65, 5 minutes after this aircraft takes off. Imagine flying at this temperature for 9 hours and landing in Singapore. the temperature there will be +30 degrees or above. Since such sudden temperature changes will decrease the tire life, they are always filled with nitrogen. If it was normal weather, the tire would come down and swell on its own. and it would be deformed.
The advantage of putting nitrogen on car tires is similar. Let's say you pressed your tire 32 units of air with nitrogen. If you measure this weather in winter, it will be 32 units again. But if there was normal air, there would be a difference of 4 units. pressure increases as temperature increases in normal weather, and pressure decreases as temperature decreases.

second reason: the tire inflated with nitrogen is lighter although not visually noticeable.
note: nitrogen never changes road holding.

QUOTATION
08.05.2020 15:07 # 12
TURAN61
I do not know, but if we do not make the unpaved tire on the asphalt, this will decrease the grip of the road. Confused
08.05.2020 15:07 # 13
tugrahan
Hello guys, I have researched this topic quite a while ago.
let me share with you now

Nitrogen is an element indicated by the symbol N on the periodic table , and its atomic number is 7. It is a colorless, odorless, tasteless and inert gas. Nitrogen accounts for about 78% of the earth's atmosphere and is present in all living tissues.
the gas we call nitrogen is nitrogen as we know it

nitro used in cars namely nos
nitrous oxide system , that is, the substance with nitro oxygen system . It is used to increase engine power in some modified vehicles. Nos is also not a flammable substance, it is a burning substance, it does not pose any danger, it combines with oxygen in the combustion chamber and provides better burning of gasoline.

Now you know that oxygen is conductive so it is a substance that transmits heat immediately
In addition, everything exposed to oxygen will rot, even think of the oxygen that corrodes this iron.

08.05.2020 15:07 # 14
tugrahan
[QUOTE = TURAN61] possibility of ignition ??? [/ QUOTE]

my friend nitrogen fireproof flammable, explosive flammable is not a warming cooling gas
it is very safe already there is 78% nitrogen in the atmosphere
English name of nitrogen nitrogen okay name is afil but look at your name and don't expect much from yourself
described alone as an inert gas

08.05.2020 15:07 # 15
trtolgi

the most important feature is that there is no moisture in the air. That is, there is no humidity inside the tire. The tire pressure does not decrease. The life of the tire is extended.

08.05.2020 15:07 # 16
Guests
As far as I have learned before our tire and tie rod balancer, I have learned that it is not a problem to use nitrogen in the summer, but it is a bit of a problem. As some of his friends are not warming up as the tire says, it reduces the grip in cold weather. frankly it made sense to me ...
As you know, it is useful to warm the summer tires as they become harder in the cold. therefore, the rubber of the short tires are produced in such a way that they will be soft at these low temperatures and if you use the short tire in the summer, it will wear much faster without sitting over.
At this point, since it is beneficial for our tire to warm up to a certain extent, it turns out that using nitrogen has an adverse effect on this situation.
the cecol 2011-02-24 00:33:47
08.05.2020 15:07 # 17
phaselispa
[QUOTE = Muhammet ÇAKIR] [QUOTE = phaselispa] so if the tires do not heat up, it means that the car's grip on the road decreases. everybody says there is less wear because the tires are cold? [/ QUOTE] There is no such thing as the grip increases when the tire warms up [/ QUOTE]

How will the tire get warmer and loosen the road? Remember F1, too, even when vehicles wait at start, they warm and warm the tires with blankets. When the safety car enters the track, it keeps going to the left and right and keep the tires warm. These are all things done to keep the tire warm.
08.05.2020 15:07 # 18
xdesign
Of course, the grip increases when the tire heats up. I need to follow some formulas as an example of this.

Edit: I haven't seen the phaselispa message. Just like you said :) xdesign 2011-02-24 11:44:23
08.05.2020 15:07 # 19
TURAN61
I don't want to snag it, I can put the nitrogen you want ... I have no desire to cool down my tire at all. I should not jump right away when I hear something new.
08.05.2020 15:07 # 20
koliva

The purpose of using Nitrogen in Formula1 is water. As the tires are used, the surface temperature increases due to skidding. As the surface temperature increases, the heat of the gas used in inflating the tire also increases. Nitrogen is a less expandable gas as the temperature increases compared to air. A vehicle racing in Formula 1 never wants to start with 40 psi tire pressure at the beginning of the race and finish half with 50 psi. Therefore, by using Nitrogen gas instead of normal air, "same" tire pressure and same drive dominance is provided even at high speeds.

For those who normally use the daily vehicle like us, there is almost no benefit when compared to the filling price of Nitrogen. The event is completely commercial.
Koliva 2011-02-24 22:27:48
Page : / 2
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”