Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Necessary information for Al4 transmission

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 20:25 # 1
Karacocuk24
Today I came across in another forum, the man wrote long, maybe I wanted to share it correctly, maybe I wanted to share it incorrectly.

Every day, in the growing world, it grows with the endless needs of man, it is the need to move in one of these needs. In this case, people have done something for thousands of years, and today's cars have been reached from a rock-made wheel. The automotive industry is one of the largest competitive environments in the world, vehicles with new features are being produced and offered to people every day, one of these developments is the automatic gear in the vehicles, and one of the manufacturers in this environment is the French Renault brand and uses the transmissions called AL4 in Renault vehicles. Before I write what I know about the gearbox, I ask you to read this carefully carefully. In this country, the cost of 1500 pounds in this country is only the cost of 1500 pounds, the production was stopped because it can be purchased from abroad for 1000 pounds, but how a big mistake when the spare parts of this 1000 pound commodity started to increase more than the cost of the vehicle. it is recognized that to do but it is too late, that capital scheme 20 000 tly to get your vehicle parts over time you begin to break with Turkey price in "the competent services" of 100 000 TL is more, that is why the 15 000 tly 206 area one of our citizens directly when given gearboxes first error I will write this article so that he will not worry about how he will pay when he hears revision 4000 TL. I write ten pages and let me write what I know about the gearbox.
What is AL4 Gearbox:
It is a fully automatic gearbox consisting of 4 gearboxes. As we know, 2 types of gearboxes are generally used, robotized manual gearboxes (2tronic Renault, dualogic fiat, multimode Toyota, i shift Honda, easytronic opel) For now, these transmissions are semi-automatic, different from manual transmission, there is no drain, a robot presses the drain gear for you (this is in general terms if not exactly) these transmissions are according to fully automatic transmissions, fuel saves, it burns even less than its manuals, it offers close performance to manuals, but it is uncomfortable, gear changes are felt, pressure can be burned to the glance, in short, it is necessary to know how to drive, my sister who tries to balance with gas so that the vehicle does not miss back, then a lot of these vehicles when they spend a thousand bucks on a vehicle. They say they are soaked. As far as I know in the world The only company that manages this job like a man with a double clutch is dsg and vw.
If we switch to full automatic transmissions, these vehicles have a Torque Converter briefly, this part is activated when the vehicle is at a standstill and in the first movement, a certain power from the engine to the permanent wheels. This means that these vehicles do not miss out on the slope, since the gear changes are made through the valves in an oil block, the gear changes are not felt in the fully automatic transmissions without a problem, they are very comfortable, but they burn 20% more than the robotized gearboxes, maybe 10% performance loss, but more COMFORT is at the forefront, now if anyone says why you wrote comfort, I will explain it soon. As an example of these transmissions, I can say that Honda's CVT is the number one in the world. Renault AL4, opel has a 4-speed gearbox, Toyota has a 4-speed gearbox, Ford also has 4 gear, so my dear brother Renault did not say what a 4-speed car is stuck.
Now one of my brothers know: Mercedes if they say BMW, If they have such a forum, your pressure from there is the issues mentioned for us. For cars under 50 thousand J
AL4 Points to be considered while using the transmission:
I just said comfort, I explain now, these transmissions are for comfortable driving, the vehicle If there are people who like to drive cycles, press the throttle and downshift 5 thousand years ago, I think it is a shame.
1) The vehicles with AL4 gearbox should get the vehicle out of the Torque Converter immediately, so the most valid method is to give the vehicle less gas at the first departure. Around 2000 cycles is to make it throw to 2.
2) Unless it is compulsory, here is a rush or a hill, Drive at maximum 3000 revolutions, so the knock will be less, sometimes our transmissions can shift the gear shift late, immediately take triptronics and shift to D.
3) I don't think driving the vehicle in triptronic clearly hurt with a description Saying that it is harmful to drive the vehicle in too much triptronic, I agree with it. So, “D” is good.
4) Let's take N or P while the vehicle is waiting in traffic, the answer is no. They did it by thinking, you can take the vehicle to P and stop it when you stop for a long time.
5) Do not throw it to N while the vehicle is in motion, Because N also does not lubricate the transmission, it also wears when you take it back to D.
6) When the car first starts, always wait for the STOP text to go out, wait 1-2 seconds extra and then shift it.
7) From D Wait for the vehicle to stop when you move from R to D. When the vehicle is reversing, make sure that it does not take any load and load it to the gas.
AL4 Transmission maintenance
Although the services assert otherwise, the oil life of these transmissions 30-35 thousand, Mercedes 40,000 Honda replaces 20,000 oil VW has accepted this situation, so transmission oil is a lifetime lie Believe it 2 years or 30 thousand replace it is already 100 TL.

Faults and Solutions

1) If there is a knock without warning, the oil change will probably correct.
2) If the brake leaflet is broken, take a new one 20 TL (if the vehicle is stopped, the gear pif it gets stuck and fixes when it is turned off and restarted, even if it does it once it is broken)
3) If Auto Gear Fault warns, you have to look. "and it is connected to the computer at 200 revolutions, the pressure values ​​in the solenoid are measured.
and repairs are made according to the situation, but in general, a missed slope of

10 percent incline (6-7 degrees) If there is, block of oil, no missed or solenoid replacement, the problem will be corrected.

If there are problems such as transmission and missed, revision may be required.

Finally, here read carefully,
in all of these problems, services don't revise, don't be afraid, don't panic, press it steadily remember that the service sells parts with 100 percent snow, a service revision 4000 TL when I have the same probes, one said revision if the oil block is not 1500 TL, I said this forum thanks to a much lower amount

If you get an automatic gear fault error, and say you go financially section by section.

1) Delete the error, maybe it will not repeat
2 ) change oil
3) valves
4) oil block
5) revision

they say services 4 or 5, but ninety 1-2-3 percent also improves

Intermediate gear event,

the vehicle does not have exactly intermediate gear, there is pressure reduction speed,

but let's call it intermediate gear anyway, this event happens between 2-3 and 3-4, if you don't feel them, first you have to change your brake leaflet,

AL4 General Information About Transmission

Al4 transmission was first used in Renault Clio, Laguna, Scenic and Peugeot 306 and 406 models, and then in Citroen Xantia and Xsara then Peugeot 206, 307 and Citroen C5. The slightly modified version has also been used by other automotive manufacturers such as Fiat.
We can list some situations and features:

Transmission Oil Level: There is no oil bar to check the oil level. The oil level is checked when the engine is running, the gear is in the park position and the engine is at the appropriate temperature. The oil from the internal pump passes through the heat exchanger (near the left ten wheels) located at the rear of the transmission. This heat is connected to the cooling mechanism of the vehicle with 16 mm hoses. 3 different heat exchangers have been used so far. The smallest was used only in 1.6 liter gasoline engines and the biggest one in turbo diesel.

Error Lights: When the snow and sports lights are flashing, an error is recorded. This mistake can be temporary or permanent. The transmission system has its own special ECU which is not available in manual gear vehicles.

Solenoids: As you know, old type solenoids are now replaced by new types of solenoids. In the old types, solenoids were driven by pulse modulation to prevent excessive temperature and magnification. These pulses were 50Hz in old solenoids. However, in new types of solenoids, this pulse is set at 100Hz. The deterioration of solenoids causes the vehicle to enter limp home mode, that is, for the purpose of protection, the vehicle does not pass a certain period of time and remains in constant gear. If the solenoids are replaced with the new type, the software of the ECU in the transmission must also be updated. Old type solenoids can also be used with the new software. In other words, we can drive old solenoids at 100Hz, but driving new solenoids at 50 Hz will cause them not to work properly.

Condition of Oil: It is necessary to say that there are many tasks such as cooling oil, cleaning and lubricating. Over time, the oil will age and become ineffective. The transmission ECU has an oil aging counter. This meter reports the operating temperature, the errors that occur and the working time, by keeping an eye on it. When the meter is full, maintenance and the meter must be reset. If the transmission oil is drained and a new one is added, partial zeroing is performed, which is obtained by subtracting the value of 2750 for each half liter of oil. According to the sources, this meter may be the most 32768.
Also, these vehicles generally go at 2500, at 110, 3000 at 90, we can say + - 5, it is useful to check this.
08.05.2020 20:25 # 2
LUDACRIS
There was a nice and expressive sharing.
08.05.2020 20:25 # 3
sonerkyl
thanks for sharing.
08.05.2020 20:25 # 4
can30758
Hi
My vehicle 2003 model automatic transmission vehicle eats the milling gear connected to the axle transmission 3 times.
the gearbox is wasted no master could not find the reason I did not do
When you stop at the lights in the vehicle, the gear is empty in d, then it gets better, but it does not get out of 3 gear, the cycle does not go away when it reaches 4 thousand
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”