Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

my wiper water tank is frozen :(

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 18:08 # 1
Guests
good evening everyone.
It has been snowing here for 4 days. It is -4 degrees during the day ....
my car could not go out for 3 days. I started the starter today, thank God he worked on the first starter.
When I opened the engine hood and examined it, the wiper water had frozen to the bore of the tank.
whereas I was using antifreeze glass water. blue liquid flowed from the tank cap in the form of ice while it was freezing.
I said I should do a test whether it froze to the bottom. I hung the arm twice, not too much, to squirt the squeegee water. there was no engine sound.
It was not the first time I hung on the wiper arm. I did not force too much. because if I force the engine, I burn it with the thought.
What do you think I should do? I hope my engine will not burn. but I never forced. just 2 small attempts. I did not look, I left.
anybody have an idea?
08.05.2020 18:08 # 2
kursat3006
Add antifreeze glass water and leave the vehicle in a closed car park for 1 day. But there are also solutions in the shorter term, probably pour hot water or something into the tank.
08.05.2020 18:08 # 3
Serkan
Don't be afraid, my teacher has come to my head, as you said, no sound is heard, then it works normally when it is dissolved, but unfortunately it will take longer than you think it will be resolved.
08.05.2020 18:08 # 4
gogly35
Pour warm water, I think, hot water can damage directly, but try to heat it with as much temperature as you can control with your hand, you can pour it there and melt the ice ...
08.05.2020 18:08 # 5
Serkan
Unfortunately, it does not dissolve with hot water. I boiled and poured water in the kettle.
08.05.2020 18:08 # 6
Guests
[QUOTE = Serkan] Do not be afraid, my teacher has happened to me very much, as you said, there is no sound, then it works normally when it is resolved but unfortunately it will take longer than you think. [/ QUOTE]
I was afraid when there was no sound, I wonder if we ate the engine.
but I never forced this thought. I only made 2 attempts.
How do I discharge the water because the sprinkler does not work if I add hot water? There will be water in it again and the night will freeze again.

08.05.2020 18:08 # 7
sezar206
no handling improves when it goes above 0. No sound comes, the motor is frozen. You can crack a hot water or something or you may damage it. Sometimes it is not solved in my vehicle, sometimes when driving 8-10 km, the engine is hot or not.
08.05.2020 18:08 # 8
Guests
It is useful to run 10 minutes every day and 10 minutes before going to bed. In such weather, I think it will be solved like other fellows, my wiper motor does not squirt defective water. I do not change it because I do not have time due to work intensity. dogan106 2013-12-11 23:27:48
08.05.2020 18:08 # 9
samet206
I think do not interfere until the weather warms up to a few degrees. After the snow melts, when the car leaves for a long time, it will turn back to its former state. Then, I put the pure antifreeze glass water completely. I bought it, I have been using it for summer and winter.
08.05.2020 18:08 # 10
ahmet_bjk

After driving the vehicle for a while, it must be dissolved from the heat of the engine.

Or leave the car in the sun on a sunny day.

Empty the tank completely after it is defrosted.

If you want to put in new antifreeze glass water, test the glass water you get in the freezer of your refrigerator and it will not freeze.

08.05.2020 18:08 # 11
ahmet_bjk
If the water does not squeeze again after dissolving the water, clean it with a needle that may be frozen in the holes in the hood. (It happened to me)
08.05.2020 18:08 # 12
KILIC
Never play, my teacher will be solved by itself. I don't think you will use it in this weather anyway.
08.05.2020 18:08 # 13
kivanc
When frozen, the engine does not start but returns to normal after warming up. It happened to me that it did not cause much trouble. Get well soon
08.05.2020 18:08 # 14
Guests
friends, the weather was nice today and I said let me hand it over.
I heated 5 liters of water and filled it into the drum. I bought one serum hose.
I touched the hot water and pulled it back with the serum hose. I constantly added hot water and poured it back with the help of a hose ...
I reached the happy end after 1 hour. It means that the bottom of the warehouse kept a lot of ice.
then I poured 2 liters of antifreeze glass water that I bought from the opet. when I opened the box alone there was a clear alcohol smell.
they probably put ethanol in it so that the glass water would not freeze and melt the ice in the glass.
does this ethanol damage the bodywork friends?

Note: I put one of the antifreeze boxes I bought from the opet into the bottom of the refrigerator. It didn't even freeze at -26 degrees.

maverick 2013-12-15 22:46:30
08.05.2020 18:08 # 15
ahmet_bjk

As far as I know the diffraction of the ice cabinets - it's 18 -20 degrees. I don't understand how -26 yours was.

If - at 26 degrees, it is completely liquid, I recommend mixing some water.

08.05.2020 18:08 # 16
Guests
[QUOTE = ahmet_bjk]

As far as I know the diffraction of the ice cabinets - it's 18 -20 degrees. I don't understand how -26 yours was.

If - at 26 degrees, it is completely liquid, I recommend mixing some water.

[/ QUOTE]
It is good when the refrigerator is general electric.
Does ethanol in the antifreeze damage or stain the paint without disturbing the subject, friends?
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”