Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

My car burns more fuel as horsepower increases

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 15:45 # 1
cepmax
diesel vehicle

As my vehicle's horsepower increases, it will burn more fuel
How do we know the horsepower of our vehicle
08.05.2020 15:45 # 2
metin

I think, since the vehicle's power is increased, it will be easier for the engine to lift the vehicle, so you will press the gas less in the same driving style than before, so there will be a decrease in fuel.

08.05.2020 15:45 # 3
Guests
Unlike my text brother, how much horsepower, so much fuel, how much horsepower is it easy to feed the text bro? :)))
08.05.2020 15:45 # 4
metin
[QUOTE = 60de106] Unlike my text brother, how much horsepower is so much fuel, is it easy to feed the horsepower my text brother:))) [/ QUOTE]
If the speed of driving does not change, the fuel drops, for example, if you always go half a gas on a normal road, you will go with a quarter gas then it will decrease.
of course, if you load on the gas because the engine is powered, it will increase,
08.05.2020 15:45 # 5
Guests
I think it depends on the engine and weight of the vehicle ... but I am against this chip or horsepower upgrade .. I play with every part of the vehicle but I don't touch the engine Sırıtma that's the lifeblood of the vehicle .. the heart ... the brain ... Thumbs Up
08.05.2020 15:45 # 6
Guests
Gülme so
08.05.2020 15:45 # 7
koliva
Two basic needs are required for a vehicle to move.

1. Bringing the vehicle's frame forward in the air environment,
2. Freezing the wheels.

These two jobs are carried out with up to 20% of the energy generated by the fuel spent on the engine. The remaining 80% part of the engine is caused by heat (a small amount) caused by the swelling and braking in the organs of movement.

Therefore, as the hp increases, it will increase in fuel.

1 hp means the effort required to lift a weight of 33,000 pounds in a minute. The best and short way to learn the hp value in your vehicle is to learn the values given by the manufacturer. You can find these values in the user manual or on the Internet. Or you need to have a dyno test done.
08.05.2020 15:46 # 8
metin
Did you refuse my koliva thesis? Wall
08.05.2020 15:46 # 9
berk2309
I think the important thing is not the horsepower in the car, no matter how high the torque is, if the torque is low, the car will not go anyway
08.05.2020 15:46 # 10
koliva
[QUOTE = berk2309] I think the important thing is not the horsepower in the car, no matter how high the horsepower is, if the torque is low, the car won't go anyway [/ QUOTE]

The formula between torque and hp is as follows.

HP = (Torque x rpm) / 5252

According to this formula, whenever rpm is less than 5252, the HP value will be lower than the Torque value. On the other hand, whenever rpm is greater than 5252, HP value will be greater than torque. This is why torque is reduced when purchasing HP on some vehicles (or vice versa).

We can also write the formula as follows:

Torque = (HP x 5252) / rpm

For example, if an engine is worth 850 hp, at 9000 rpm
It has (850x5252) / 9000 = 496 lb-ft torque.

Similarly, an engine with a torque of 496 lb-ft will deliver 425 hp at 4500 rpm.

08.05.2020 15:46 # 11
koliva
[QUOTE = text] did you refuse my koliva thesis so now Wall [/ QUOTE]

Did it happen Ouch
08.05.2020 15:46 # 12
Guests
[QUOTE = 60de106] Unlike my text brother, how much horsepower is so much fuel, is it easy to feed the horsepower my text brother:))) [/ QUOTE]
If the vehicle's engine volume is small, and its horsepower is high, I know that vehicle is the less burning vehicle
ose307 2011-07-05 11:55:35
08.05.2020 15:46 # 13
toprakk
If you press it, it will burn more. But there is no such thing as every horsepower vehicle will burn much. The horsepower vehicle removes the tonnage of the vehicle more easily. On the contrary, it burns less even if you do not use it at high temperatures.
08.05.2020 15:46 # 14
metin
[QUOTE = koliva] [QUOTE = text] did you refuse my koliva thesis so now Wall [/ QUOTE]

Did it happen Ouch
[/ QUOTE]
Well, can you explain that too, let me settle down well in my head,
By applying chip to the 206 1.4 HDI vehicle, horsepower increases. For this reason, the power of the vehicle is increasing and then the fuel is falling.
08.05.2020 15:46 # 15
alisuat
same chassis for 2 vehicles of the same weight
I am passing the vehicle with more than 60 torque of friends.

I mean torque in momentary accelerations, ie rooting the gas on the slope, etc. Torque is important in such situations.

but long-term acceleration and max. I know the speed attached to the horse
08.05.2020 15:46 # 16
koliva
[QUOTE = text] [QUOTE = koliva] [QUOTE = text] did you refuse my koliva thesis so now Wall [/ QUOTE]

Did it happen Ouch
[/ QUOTE]
Well, can you explain that too, let me settle down well in my head,
By applying chip to the 206 1.4 HDI vehicle, horsepower increases. For this reason, the power of the vehicle is increasing and then the fuel is falling.
[/ QUOTE]

I don't have much knowledge and experience on the subject, but let me write my thoughts.
Car manufacturers keep the optimum emission and fuel economy in the foreground when adjusting ECU software and parameters. For this, they create fuel maps. With Chiptuning, the necessary changes can be made in these parameters, so that the vehicle can produce more power. If the vehicle can produce more power with the same fuel, the event has already been resolved. This also means that it consumes less fuel. In fact, I think our close sponsor will give clearer answers to the issue.
08.05.2020 15:46 # 17
koliva

Torque is the freezing power of the vehicle engine and is a measurable power.
HP (horsepower) is the work unit that can be calculated based on torque and speed and it is an indicator of how fast you can do a job. For example, speed. When giving the HP value of a vehicle, there is a phrase like the HP value obtained at maximum torque.

08.05.2020 15:46 # 18
toga406
To calculate engine power and torque, you need to put the car in the dyno test
but keep in mind that vehicles with maximum horsepower and torque curves at bottom throttle or at certain intervals
In normal use, we can never see those values.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”