Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Motor Freezing? (resolved)

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 16:33 # 1
aspirinxlarge
Friends, I have a question on my mind. I have not been running for 3-4 days due to bad weather & nbsp; I cleared the snow and ice on this evening a little, opened the hood and started it. & nbsp; also received the first contact and engine noral sound & nbsp; started to work, but the radiator pipe was not hard, but rustling as if there was snow in it. & nbsp; I ran it like this for about 2-3 minutes. & Nbsp; But I have noticed that the temperature came to 90 ', I opened the ventilation, but it was blowing cold, I immediately turned off the ignition and I did not open it again. & Nbsp; & nbsp; I actually had antifreeze in my car but I don't know if it is enough. & nbsp; I wonder if I may have damaged the vehicle & nbsp; ? The engine block expanded and cracked when the water cooled & nbsp; Is this possible or worried in vain in the current Istanbul cold?
aspirinxlarge 2012-02-01 23:32:14
08.05.2020 16:33 # 2
yavuz25
Under 0, the water freezes below and explodes the engine block plugs. If so, the expense is low, but so to speak, it is very bad if the block is crushed. Run or freeze it all. "Nuke"
08.05.2020 16:33 # 3
aspirinxlarge
We have antifreeze in the vehicle, but I don't know enough. I will add, but how do I know if the situation is normal or otherwise?
08.05.2020 16:33 # 4
yavuz25
Come see, do not endanger the vehicle, add antifreeze and let it work a bit. I don't even want to say the expense of the knife. "Wink"
08.05.2020 16:33 # 5
yavuz25
a master can also measure antifreeze, but according to the voice you are telling, the water is freezing tonight, and it may be worse tonight. "Nuke" /> "Nuke" "Nuke"
08.05.2020 16:33 # 6
yavuz25
"Exclamati
08.05.2020 16:33 # 7
Meric42
I have not been working since the market, let's see. I had all my winter treatments.
08.05.2020 16:33 # 8
aspirinxlarge
It was so snowy today that the car became almost invisible snow car:) & nbsp; There seems to be a hillock there. & Nbsp; Since the street was uphill, I put it in the corner, it came in the snow and it always rained there: (& nbsp; What a hell:)))))))) & nbsp; & nbsp; Today I will destroy the car with antifreeze :)))))))))
08.05.2020 16:33 # 9
yavuz25
Well, my brother pray that the cooling water is not frozen. If not, the situation is bad. "Disapprove"
08.05.2020 16:33 # 10
aspirinxlarge
I bought 3 liters of antifreeze in the water tank but the tank is already halfway, & nbsp; I don't think it will have a full effect. I have to put some dirt on the radiator. & Nbsp; If I pour hot boiling water into the radiator, I wonder if it opens a little, & nbsp; or how do I drain the radiator water, it may be a little solidified? & nbsp;
08.05.2020 16:33 # 11
yavuz25
The antifreeze you add to the box will not have much effect. Do not pour hot water, crack it. Attach the top cover with water and add air. If you do not know, do not touch it.
08.05.2020 16:33 # 12
vapio
Good evening, I did not run my car from the market, I did not run about 2 hours ago. I bought a starter at once. he said, hope it won't hurt :)

When I look at the water, it is clear in color, antifreeze (green).

08.05.2020 16:33 # 13
narkotik71
If you asked vapio the mechanic with tlf & nbsp; la, the master's language was too long. If the master is finished next to you when you start the vehicle, he is not the master. "LOL"
brother hope you don't get angry, it is cool. i don't think anything will happen if you have antifreeze.
08.05.2020 16:33 # 14
yavuz25
He looked at my tongue. "Shocked"
08.05.2020 16:33 # 15
vapio
yeah yavuz brother looked with the tongue :) i was surprised too. do you think this is cold antifreeze enough is enough yavuz abı in the above articles urperttın benı :) vapio 2012-02-01 21:15:44 < / editdat a>
08.05.2020 16:33 # 16
yavuz25
[QUOTE = vapio] yes he looked with the tongue of yavuz brother :) I was surprised too. Do you think this is enough for you in the cold articles? = "smileys / smiley34.gif" border = "0" alt = "Nuke" title = "Nuke" /> Do not hesitate to master the tongue-looking master. If the antifreeze is not enough, the water will freeze. Add some antifreeze at the moment.
08.05.2020 16:33 # 17
narkotik71
QUOTE: In the cold months of winter, when the air temperature drops below zero, this cooling water can freeze like any other water while our car is stationary in front of the door. It expands as it freezes and can crack the engine block with the pressure it does. To prevent this phenomenon, the fluid we call 'antifreeze' is added to the water, which will prevent it from freezing even below zero. The rate of antifreeze in the engine's coolant determines the lowest possible air temperature in that area. Then it can be thought as follows. Why are we not completely filling antifreeze in place of the coolant, in order to be completely safe? No matter how low the temperature drops when the antifreeze rate is 100 percent, will the maximum protection not be achieved? No, it doesn't. It may sound logically wrong, but antifreeze, which is put in excess of a certain rate, also reacts completely opposite this time. While antifreeze is added to water by 50 percent, it freezes at -37 degrees, while the antifreeze itself, pure antifreeze freezes at -12 degrees. Everything that can be mixed with water lowers its zero degree freezing point. In other words, to reduce the freezing degree, powdered sugar, syrup or even acid in the battery can be added. They all function to some extent the same, but none are recommended for other dangerous side effects. In the first cars, sugar and honey were tried to be used as antifreeze, and then alcohol was decided. However, this time, the boiling point of alcohol was low, so the engine had problems when it was hot. So the ideal antifreeze was supposed to prevent freezing but at the same time not cause the water to boil. Today, a colorless chemical liquid called 'ethylene glycol' is used for this purpose. The anti-freezing feature of the chemicals added to the water is due to the molecular structures of water and ice and the effect of antifreeze on these structures. As it is known, as in all liquids, the molecules are free and irregular in water, and in solids (ice) they are in a stable and smooth structure. As the water freezes, the molecules of the molecules slow down first and then they reach a smooth and stable position, that is, they crystallize. Here is the role of antifreeze here. It is to prevent the molecules to form ice crystals by combining with the water molecules. So then, when there is no water in the middle, why do the antifreeze freeze on its own? Because when it is added to water, water does what antifreeze does to water molecules. Preventing freezing, or rather delaying, works on both sides, and water reduces the degree of freezing of antifreeze. As a result, putting antifreeze in the car's cooling water more than recommended is of no use.
08.05.2020 16:33 # 18
ByHack

look at the master heard the first time to measure the antifreeze rate with friend language "Big & nbsp; There are tools that measure antifreeze density at reasonable prices such as 10-15 TL if you search on the internet alone. I think you can use it as an alternative ...

08.05.2020 16:33 # 19
yavuz25
[QUOTE = ByHack]

look at the master I heard the first time to measure the antifreeze rate with friend language "Big & nbsp; If you search the sister alone, there are tools that measure antifreeze density at reasonable prices such as 10-15 TL. I think you can use it alternatively ...

[/ QUOTE]
the man's language is sensitive. "LOL" "LOL" "LOL
08.05.2020 16:33 # 20
aspirinxlarge
Haha comments super ya, & nbsp; By the way, my problem is solved friends & nbsp; today, we just washed the radiator with warm water a little bit and heated the pipes a bit. & nbsp; I started the car, it got a little warmer then we removed the radiator pipe with a friend. We did this carefully because the water and the pipes were hot. & nbsp; :) & nbsp; Then we drained the water of the radiator, added 1 liter of antifreeze and filled the rest with water. & Nbsp; Then we pressed again, no problem for now. & Nbsp; Thanks so much for the comments that the engine will freeze. & Nbsp; Hasan and Huseyin `I would not have done it if I did not thank them from here. I put antifreeze in liters, but I hope it won't be a problem :)
Page : / 2
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”