Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

LPG Compliance in Vti Engines

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 20:18 # 1
erko3000
Hello,

There is a lot of information on this subject in many places, but since I am a bit confused, I would like to ask once again.

I bought my car 6 months ago. Peugeot 308 1.6 Vti. It had a Lovato lpg system on it. We took the problem for a long time. When I say problem-free, the LPG was around 35 cents. Of course it was too much, but at least there was no problem with the engine.

Unfortunately, he stopped one day. The next day he stopped again in the red light. I took it to the master. Usta said that the lpg on it is incompatible with the vti engine and that these engines are suction free. Map value could not be obtained in this type of engines and this type of kits. According to what he explained, the map value was the system that indicated how much gas to send to the engine. But if the vti engine is fitted with a kit like myself, it would send a constant level of gas. In other words, according to the difference in driving your vehicle, it did not send gas and always sent the same amount of gas.

Thus, because it wants less gas than your driving, excess gas is thrown raw, or when it wants too much gas, it cannot get enough gas.

He told me to wear only one brand of prins compatible with the vti engine, and in this way he said that I should never drive the car and even use gasoline until I install the prins.

My question is;

1. As far as I have seen in the forums, there are those who use non-prins lpg in vti engines. What harm will the engine do if I continue this way?
2. Is it really the only compatible brand prins if this kit is not compatible with vti engines?

When my tongue returned, I tried to explain it as far as I understood from what the master told me.

Thank you in advance for the answers ....
08.05.2020 20:18 # 2
sonerkyl
First of all, welcome to our vehicle. We wish you to use your vehicle without accident and good luck. Hodja, do you know when and where the lpg system is installed in the vehicle. Of course, I think it will be better for you if the benefit of the lavatone center is ankara-unswerving if you want to take it there and have it checked. brc-romano-prins are generally recommended for vti engines in the vehicle. this is because they use electronically controlled injectors. In the vacuum event, the master touched on the right spot.
08.05.2020 20:18 # 3
erko3000
First of all, thank you for your answer.

It is definitely a good idea to take it to the center of Lovato and ask there. I'll take it. Can they see that they are guaranteed from the system? Let's say they are guaranteed and not compatible. Do you think they can provide me any convenience in this regard?
08.05.2020 20:18 # 4
sonerkyl
you're welcome teacher

The warranty for lavato products is generally underway and I think they will help if the kit is not suitable for the vehicle. I think they will solve it if there is a suitable kit and a problem.
08.05.2020 20:18 # 5
erko3000
I called the Lovaton center in Şaşmaz by phone. They said it was compatible with Vti engines. They said the settings are bad. They said bring it. However, I had another person look at his settings. They said that the settings are very good, no other settings can be made because they are incompatible. I will take it to the lovato center tomorrow. Let's see what they will say?
08.05.2020 20:18 # 6
sonerkyl
@ erko3000 teacher settings are correct for the system to work properly, of course it is important, but a mistake made during the assembly phase will disrupt the vehicle's working order.
The 1-lpg regulator may be faulty.
2-injector nozzles are incorrectly selected.
3-manifold connection was made incorrectly. etc.

there can be many reasons.
08.05.2020 20:18 # 7
erko3000
Thank you very much ... I will also ask these.
08.05.2020 20:18 # 8
sonerkyl
You are welcome, teacher, I hope they solve the problem.
08.05.2020 20:18 # 9
zerzevat
I think if you change the ECU of the kit and install the LOVATO OBD II system, it seems like the problem will be solved. not like other static systems. it burns less, it does not light the fault light, and the vehicle jumps like an arrow when necessary, it doesn't love on the ramp .... of course I do not know this on purpose. But when I asked on the phone 2 years ago, they said we are wearing the VTI engines (I intend 3008 then, I bought 207 vti now. As I don't want lpg, I have to use a little calm just because it is less, so much.)
08.05.2020 20:18 # 10
gomecli
The problem of the 1.6vti engine is that there is no strong vacuum in idling like other atmospheric vehicles, it gives the problem idling at lpg.
In order to eliminate this fluctuation, the fireproof pipe is added to the lpg injectors and the gas reaches to the suction valves. This solves the problem of fluctuation and stopping. It is troublesome to install and time can not make it as a master. Prins is the best quality but it is in other kits. which lpg kit will be later, it is better to have it in a place where you can get technical support in the future, it will be 100-200 expensive but you will be comfortable
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”